News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Places you will never see a Traffic Signal

Started by roadman65, December 07, 2022, 01:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirbykart

Quote from: cockroachking on December 11, 2022, 12:26:21 AM
Safe bet on the following towns in NY:
Allen
Baldwin
Birdsall
Boylston
Brandon
Cameron
Clare
Day
Decatur
Denning
East Otto
Edinburg
Greig
Hardenburgh
Hermon
Montague
Lincoln
Lyndon
Osceola
Otto
Providence
Rathbone
Redfield
Russell
Smithfield
Stony Creek
Thurston
Watson
Westford
Worth

None of these towns contain a state maintained road, and none have any signals to my knowledge. And if you knew where any of these towns were without looking at a map (unless you live in one of these towns), then you have a pretty impressive knowledge of NY geography.  :D

Three are in my county and two are in the neighboring county. I think we can bet against a signal in Leon, South Valley, Red House (LOL), Centerville, Conewango, Wirt, Burns, Genesee, Villenova (OK, it has a blinker at Balcom Corners), and French Creek also.

EDIT: We can probably count out towns like Arietta also.

plain

Tangier Island. It doesn't even have 2-lane roads.
Newark born, Richmond bred

tchafe1978

Lafayette County, WI has no traffic signals and probably never will. Every county surrounding does, including those in Illinois. But the population is stagnant, so no traffic growth. There might be a spot where a roundabout might go in before a signal.

Henry

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

kirbykart

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Techknow

Big Sur

(In theory anyway... Rock slides can cause one lane traffic on CA 1)

ErmineNotyours

Lopez Shaw Island, San Juan County.  Does this count as a traffic signal?

kphoger

Quote from: Techknow on December 20, 2022, 03:08:42 AM
Big Sur

Good point.  My childhood home county of Rawlins (KS) has zero stoplights.  And yet I've personally driven through a location with a stoplight in that county.  During road construction one time, there was a bridge that was down to one lane, so they brought a portable stoplight setup.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on December 20, 2022, 10:33:46 AM
Quote from: Techknow on December 20, 2022, 03:08:42 AM
Big Sur

Good point.  My childhood home county of Rawlins (KS) has zero stoplights.  And yet I've personally driven through a location with a stoplight in that county.  During road construction one time, there was a bridge that was down to one lane, so they brought a portable stoplight setup.

I was going to say I've encountered the exact same situation in Hamilton County, NY, the state's only county without a stoplight. Then I realized the Moose River bridge that was partially closed is actually in Herkimer County. Shame on me for constantly forgetting what county Old Forge is in.

Oh well. It was a fun thought experiment anyways.

UnumProvident101

there are no traffic signals in Damascus, Virginia and I have been there before

doorknob60

I don't expect to see any signal in Bend, OR west of the Deschutes River. They're all in on roundabouts there. If there were going to be any signals, it would have already happened by now.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.