AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Author Topic: Coalfields Expressway  (Read 50695 times)

seicer

• Last Login: Today at 10:30:20 AM
    • Bridges & Tunnels
Re: Coalfields Expressway
« Reply #200 on: November 11, 2023, 09:25:53 AM »

With current funding, you can expect to see the segment from the Kentucky state line to US 460 near Grundy finished. It's a tougher sell for a new terrain alignment from there towards Welch. Considering Virginia can't even get moving on building Corridor H in their state, completing an expressway to the state line like what will be done in Wardensville won't exactly expedite any construction.

rickmastfan67

• The Invisible One

• I want I-67 in PA!!!!

• Last Login: Today at 07:26:56 AM
« Reply #201 on: November 11, 2023, 11:36:07 PM »

Breaks Park Road is signed for both US 460 (right) and VA 80 (left).

OSM is currently showing that VA-80 has been rerouted up to Coalfields (in this changeset) to end, and no longer goes to the KY border.  I've reached out to that OSM user about this to see when this might have happened, since StreetView is useless in this area (hasn't been around since 2012).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 11:40:28 PM by rickmastfan67 »

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: Today at 12:38:02 AM
    • Millennium Highway
« Reply #202 on: November 12, 2023, 05:10:59 PM »

Breaks Park Road is signed for both US 460 (right) and VA 80 (left).

OSM is currently showing that VA-80 has been rerouted up to Coalfields (in this changeset) to end, and no longer goes to the KY border.  I've reached out to that OSM user about this to see when this might have happened, since StreetView is useless in this area (hasn't been around since 2012).

You mean Corridor Q.

When I was last there, a few months ago, VA 80 is still signed all the way to the Kentucky state line, where it becomes KY 80.

2023 Jan-June photos - 1038 by H.B. Elkins, on Flickr

Start at this photo and work forward for more signage photos from earlier this year.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: Today at 12:38:02 AM
    • Millennium Highway
« Reply #203 on: November 30, 2023, 02:57:05 PM »

(Also crossposted in the Corridor Q thread...)

https://www.wymt.com/2023/11/14/caution-urged-after-new-road-opens-connecting-states-around-breaks-interstate-park/?fbclid=IwAR3-jutauu9Mz-dYEYXXUiUPobMYQxdbBmH4nQPeKKO0zY3Ys18CKpMJ0UA

(There's a unisign US 460 marker at the end of the VA 80 connector that has erroneous VA 460 signs posted.)

I had every intention of making it down there over the long weekend to check the new road out, but I got hit with either a nasty stomach bug or an intense case of food poisoning the Tuesday night before Thanksgiving and was pretty well out of commission the rest of the week and the weekend. God willing, I plan to go check it out Saturday.

Google Maps has the new alignment now visible. It ends at Virginia SR 604.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.