News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Show us your...Roadgeek DESKTOP!

Started by ComputerGuy, January 18, 2009, 12:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ComputerGuy

Northbound Interstate 5 at Broadway/41st Street SPUI (exit 192; taken on April 6, 2008)

Alternate images of the same interchange:

COMING SOON

Chris

I have this one for a while, FDR drive in New York City. On my work, I have the I-95 near Springfield, VA.

Alex

Quote from: Chris on January 18, 2009, 01:14:53 PM
I have this one for a while, FDR drive in New York City. On my work, I have the I-95 near Springfield, VA.

I'm sitting on so many northbound FDR pics from 2007 still...

Ian

Here's mine:

PA 183 in Strausstown, PA.

I.C.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Ian

UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

deathtopumpkins

My family would never let me put a picture of a road on the desktop...  :( But I probably would if I had my own computer.
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

roadfro

My home computer's desktop isn't currently roadgeek related--it's an image from The Price Is Right (game shows are my other major passion).

The desktop in my office at school is though...I'll have to get a screen shot of it.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Wikigav

Mine is a pic of my favourite car, the VW Golf Pirelli which i hope one day to own.  :colorful:

austrini

here is mine
(a tunnel under Stockholm with some EU inspired art at the gore pt)

AICP (2012), GISP (2020) | Formerly TX, now UK

deathtopumpkins

Whoa... compare that to what the inside of tunnels look like here...  :-( Man I wish I lived in Europe.
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

agentsteel53

Quote from: austrini on January 19, 2009, 03:12:25 PM
here is mine
(a tunnel under Stockholm with some EU inspired art at the gore pt)

wow, very nice sharp photo!  how fast were you going when you took the picture?

gotta love the blue lighting ... that signifies an emergency phone (it's on the left).  No pullout, though - I figure you'd have to stop in the lane to use it??  I saw similar tunnels in Norway and there were pullouts for the emergency phone.

I was doing about 130 km/h here ;)
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Voyager

If you change your cameras settings around enough, you can take a perfectly still photo going 50+ MPH. You just need the right camera for it.
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

agentsteel53

Quote from: voyager on January 19, 2009, 07:09:34 PM
If you change your cameras settings around enough, you can take a perfectly still photo going 50+ MPH. You just need the right camera for it.

was either a very well-lit tunnel, or high ISO.  Would love to see the EXIF info on the original image.  I'm guessing Canon DSLR camera?  Those have good high ISO performance.  Mine is average at best (Nikon D50)... I *can* get a still picture of a tunnel like that while going 50, but it would be grainy as fudge.

Here is a photo I took inside the Ted Williams Tunnel (I-90 in Boston), and even at this shrunk size one can see the noise:

jake@aaroads.com

SSOWorld

I haven't taken pics since I got the new car yet.  The pics I have are grainy because of the windshield on the old car.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

US71

My desktop theme is actually Stonehenge, but my screen saver is highway signs: a combination of state, US and Interstate including some 40's era shields.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Voyager

Ha, I have a Canon Digital Rebel XTi.
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

agentsteel53

can you post some of the 40s era shields?

jake@aaroads.com

agentsteel53

jake@aaroads.com

ctsignguy

cant copy it directly, but this is my current desktop...sans icons

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

roadgeek

Very interesting! Not seen anything like that before!
My Road Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadgeek31/

Keep checking back for updates!

Michael

To be honest, I never thought about having a roadgeek wallpaper.  The closest I've had was the Frederick Douglass-Susan B. Anthony Memorial Bridge.

weatherdude

Actually my background has nothing to do with roads. I'm sure y'all will  :ded: me.

Scott5114

I don't really bother with my desktop since most of the time I have maximized windows covering it up. Right now my desktop is the Fedora Core 4 default desktop image. Not too impressive, except for the fact that I'm running Fedora 9...

I have used roads as desktops in the past though. Former desktop images included the US 65 Schoolcraft Freeway in Springfield, MO, a picture of workers installing a sign taken by MoDOT, I-670 in Kansas City, and a truss bridge in Texas, among others.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Darkchylde

I just put one together that could be considered road-related...

Wallpaper's from here, and I didn't take the picture, but it's still nice. Apparently, it's a picture of the Delta Works in the Netherlands.

DrZoidberg

I use this famous sign as my backdrop.

"By the way...I took the liberty of fertilizing your caviar."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.