News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Q-400 Plane Hijacked from Sea-Tac Airport, Crashes in Pierce County

Started by Bruce, August 11, 2018, 12:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce

An airline mechanic hijacked an empty Alaska Air Q400 plane from Sea-Tac Airport and flew it 30 miles south to Ketron Island, where he crashed. The plane was chased by two F-15 jets and there was constant contact with the pilot from ATC. He's confirmed dead.

https://twitter.com/jwsthomson/status/1028134044502908929

Flames spotted on the island.

https://twitter.com/ClaireKIRO7/status/1028140485775216640

Lots of flight disruptions.

jakeroot

So calm for being in a situation where a safe ending is unlikely. Remarkably calm. I have a few friends who are AS mechanics down here in Pierce County, but it's none of them, thankfully.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: jakeroot on August 11, 2018, 02:11:44 AM
So calm for being in a situation where a safe ending is unlikely. Remarkably calm. I have a few friends who are AS mechanics down here in Pierce County, but it's none of them, thankfully.

I don't think he intended to survive this adventure, sadly.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

cjk374

The strange part....none of the big news channels were mentioning this while it was happening last night. Usually something like this puts them into an orgasmic frenzy.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

bing101

jakeroot

Quote from: cjk374 on August 11, 2018, 10:13:02 AM
The strange part....none of the big news channels were mentioning this while it was happening last night. Usually something like this puts them into an orgasmic frenzy.

I saw reports on the crash from all the major national broadcasters, plus reports from CBC and BBC. Just not on the TV :D.

Quote from: bing101 on August 11, 2018, 10:45:56 AM
The Seattle TV stations ran with this story wall to wall.

Yep. It interrupted local programming for a couple hours. KING-5 (the local NBC affiliate) eventually ended their broadcast at 2330.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.