News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Lake Erie bridge (Ohio -> Ontario?)

Started by 6a, January 02, 2011, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveG1988

Coming soon, my idea for the bridge using a image i found on google maps of the region, and GIMP.
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

surferdude

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on January 02, 2011, 04:02:19 PM
It would be fun to see and I hope it'll be a reality in my lifetime ;)

there was some other projects suggested in the past like this one mentionned at http://www.kurumi.com/roads/3di/ix71.html#fn

QuoteA 1970s Ohio/Ontario plan proposed a 47-mile bridge over Lake Erie, from I-271 in Willowick, Ohio, to Port Stanley, Ontario, and contining as a freeway to the Route 401 near London.

The single-span bridge would have carried four lanes, with two different suspension bridge crossings of shipping channels. The cost estimate in the 1970s was about $1 billion, and the toll would have been large. The above alignment was the most direct of three studied; the others slanted to the east and west, the longest one about 70 miles.

Meanwhile, we could also try for high-speed ferry linking Cleveland and Erie, PA with Ontario.

Not going to work in the winter last year the lake froze over solid

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: surferdude on December 22, 2011, 03:20:06 PM
Quote from: Stephane Dumas on January 02, 2011, 04:02:19 PM
It would be fun to see and I hope it'll be a reality in my lifetime ;)

there was some other projects suggested in the past like this one mentionned at http://www.kurumi.com/roads/3di/ix71.html#fn

QuoteA 1970s Ohio/Ontario plan proposed a 47-mile bridge over Lake Erie, from I-271 in Willowick, Ohio, to Port Stanley, Ontario, and contining as a freeway to the Route 401 near London.

The single-span bridge would have carried four lanes, with two different suspension bridge crossings of shipping channels. The cost estimate in the 1970s was about $1 billion, and the toll would have been large. The above alignment was the most direct of three studied; the others slanted to the east and west, the longest one about 70 miles.

Meanwhile, we could also try for high-speed ferry linking Cleveland and Erie, PA with Ontario.

Not going to work in the winter last year the lake froze over solid
Rate we're going we'll need a bridge from Cincy to Cleveland with all this water we've had to absorb in Ohio this year.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.