News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Central Florida Expressway Authority

Started by roadman65, June 28, 2014, 11:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

The Orlando- Orange County Expressway Authority is now the Central Florida Expressway Authority
https://www.oocea.com/
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Duke87

Cool. Consolidation of toll agencies is a good thing, removes administrative hassle from making transponders interoperable.

Alas, we lose "OOCEA" as one of the more fun road-related acronyms out there.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

roadman65

I think that is the idea behind it.  We have had too many administrative hassles within the community with the scandals and the abrupt resignation of the latest chairman. 
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

realjd

Quote from: Duke87 on July 02, 2014, 08:41:30 PM
Cool. Consolidation of toll agencies is a good thing, removes administrative hassle from making transponders interoperable.

Alas, we lose "OOCEA" as one of the more fun road-related acronyms out there.

I agree with that to a point. There was a proposal a tear or so ago to combine all toll agencies in FL under one state level umbrella. This was the idea of some state congressmen rural areas who wanted to use urban toll revenue to construct unneeded freeways in their districts. I want to keep toll revenues local. The new CFX is still a local agency but it's also inclusive of many of the suburban residents of metro Orlando who are the heavily daily users of the roads.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.