News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Stubs at western end of I-840

Started by BridgesToIdealism, February 14, 2021, 04:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowc

Quote from: vdeane on February 18, 2021, 09:27:31 PM
Quote from: snowc on February 18, 2021, 09:51:12 AM
Quote from: BridgesToIdealism on February 14, 2021, 04:31:58 PM
What is/was the purpose of these (abandoned?) highway/ramp stubs at the western end of I-840 at I-40, southwest of Nashville? Are there long-term plans (either proposed or cancelled) to extend I-840 even further northwest? Not like it needs an extension - the route is already so long that it isn't really an efficient bypass (think I-275 in Cincinnati). I also noted that the eastern terminus doesn't have any stubs - it's a regular trumpet interchange.

Like this interchange without the stubs? This is I-690 that WAS going to be extended eastward but opposition decided not to do it.  :banghead: :banghead:
Anyone else having issues with snowc's images?  Looking at the post, it appears that the URL goes instead to a page on Google Drive, which prompts for an account sign-in.
Fixed. Now you will see the image and it will instead point to Imgur.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.