News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Who has traveled on I-94?

Started by _Demote, July 19, 2016, 02:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtk

I've driven on it in Michigan between I-69 and US 23 and a stretch or two in west Detroit, near Chicago between I-65 and I-294 and a short stretch near Skokie, and in Wisconsin where it overlaps I-90. I've also ridden on I-94 on some other stretches in Chicago and maybe in the Twin Cities.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Big John

Bismarck ND to Benton Harbor MI in different segments

bulldog1979

I've been on I-94 from MN 23 at St. Cloud to I-494 near Anoka, from Portage, WI to the eastern US 127 junction near Jackson, MI, from M-52 to east of M-39, and from I-75 to I-696 in the Detroit area. If it weren't for a bad snowstorm that night and a traffic accident, I'd have filled in the gap between M-52 and US 127.

sparker

I-94 portions traveled:
     (1) West terminus (Billings) to east I-494/694 interchange east of St. Paul, MN.
     (2) Tomah, WI (I-90 merge) to Edens Expwy/I-294 split near Chicago.
     (3) I-90 merge (NW Expwy) to MI 14 near Ann Arbor.
     (4) I-69 concurrency near Port Huron, crossing into Canada.

Great Lakes Roads

I've been on Interstate 94 in the following sections:
1) between West Fargo, ND (exit 342) to Interstate 494 (exit 216) in Maple Grove ,MN.
2) between Downtown Minneapolis (exit 231B) to Wisconsin State Highway 29 (exit 52).
3) between I-90/94 split up in Tomah, WI (exit 147) to Business Interstate 94 in Ann Arbor, MI (exit 172).

DevalDragon

I can say I've driven the whole thing. I can't say much exciting about it, except miles and miles on nothing. Not even an interchange or turn on my GPS.

I'm almost surprised it didn't say anything about I-29 in Bismark ND.

Thunderbyrd316

I have been on the segment between Billings Mt. and Moorhead Mn. The segment from Bismark N.D. to Exit 23 just east of Billings westbound in 1983 (missing the Jct. w/ I-90 :(  ), the entire segment eastbound in 1988.

Sykotyk

From Billings to Port Huron. Though I believe I still am JUST short of the end of it and haven't clinched it in Michigan yet. Have to consult my maps.

roadman65

I have been only on parts in Chicago.  From the I-90 split in the north to the I-57 junction in the south.

The rest of Chicagoland I did from US 41 at the Edens down to where Cicero splits, and then from the Edens to Milwaukee going North (or signed west).

In Michigan I used it once from the Bluewater Bridge to I-75 in Detroit, and then the piece overlapped with US 31 as we all know the story about the missing St. Joseph Valley Parkway link.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

Since I just posted in the sign collecting thread...I even have an I-94 as part of my personal collection.  It's a weird 18x18 that came off a guide sign out of Minnesota, I got it along with an I-35 off the same guide...both still have some rivets even.  Strange to find a shield smaller than the 24x24, especially on a guide sign of all things.

_Demote

Quote from: kphoger on July 19, 2016, 06:47:15 PM
Quote from: _Demote on July 19, 2016, 06:35:35 PM
Quote from: Quillz on July 19, 2016, 03:54:35 PM
As long as we're talking about I-94, why does it have a section near Chicago that is south of the 80/90 concurrency? That has always bothered me, since it puts 94 out of the grid alignment for a time.

That is weird. It doesn't really make it the northernmost east to west interstate then.

Nope.  The northernmost east-west Interstate highway would be A2 in Alaska.  Ignoring the ones in Alaska, I-96 is north of I-94 in Michigan, so the Indiana Toll Road is irrelevant as far as that goes.

But, be that as it may, I-94 is south of I-90 for a grand total of, what? 29 miles.  I'd say that hardly "makes it" anything.
Good point.
Interstates Traveled: 80, 90, 190, 290, 294, 94, 194, 96, 196, 75, 275, 69, 469, 65, 465, 165, 565, 55, 40, 640, 17, 10, 110, 610, 5, 405, 11, 71, 24, 20, 12, and 59.

CtrlAltDel

Since I'm more of a visual person, here's a map:

Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

Ace10

I've been on I-94 wherever it shares pavement with I-80 in the greater Chicago area.

TheHighwayMan3561

I've driven the road from MT 47 in rural Montana 50 miles east of Billings to the US 12 Ypsilanti exit in Ann Arbor. Given that I've driven 80% of the road without seeing either terminus, clinching it will be a big PITA for me. Last year I had hoped to get to the Billings end, but running out of time and at the time feeling tired I had to cut the corner at Hardin and take MT 47 to shave off that 100 miles. :(
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

amroad17

I have driven on I-94 from West Fargo to the Blue Water Bridge between Port Huron and Sarnia.
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

DandyDan

1. West terminus in Billings to the I-94/I-694 interchange north of Minneapolis, with possible pieces missing as one goes west from the MN 15 interchange by St. Cloud, MN (I was a kid then and don't really remember where my dad decided he had to exit and enter the interstate, not to mention parts which may have not yet been built, but I believe for sure I don't have a chunk of I-94 in the Fargo-Moorhead area)
2. MN 55 on the west side of downtown Minneapolis to the Indiana Toll Road interchange in NW Indiana
3. MI 60 by Jackson to Jackson Avenue interchange in Ann Arbor
4. State Street interchange in Ann Arbor to Telegraph Road (US 24)
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

Rothman

West to east:

MT: I-90 to Glendive; Exit 248 to ND state line
ND: All of it.
MN: All of it.
WI: MN state line to I-90/I-94/WI 30 split; Exits 301 to 311; from I-43 south of Milwaukee to IL state line
IL: All of it.
IN: All of it.
MI: IN state line to I-196; Exit 56 to Exit 110; Exit 169 to I-96; Exit 229 (I-696) to Exit 241; I-69 to Exit 274.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

US 41

Sections of I-94 I've drove per state.

MI= US 12 to I-194
IN= I-65 to IN 249
IL= IL 394 to IL 68
WI= IL state line to I-39 in Madison
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

coatimundi

Gotta say that I-94 between I-294 and I-65 may be my least favorite stretch of interstate in the country. When we lived in Indiana, that was always the part of the drive to Chicago that I dreaded. Not the Dan Ryan, not that horrible and boring stretch of 65, but this little ride through the industrial wasteland. 8 million trucks in 10 lanes, and you've gotta get over quickly.

The stretch from Billings into North Dakota (I've only gone as far as Jamestown) is nice if you can appreciate the nuances of the Great Plains. I could see why some would also hate that roadway though.

JCinSummerfield

I am usually on it between Detroit Metro Airport and Jackson, MI.  Historically, I've been on all of it east of I-35, except for the piece between Madison & Chicago.

GaryV

I used to travel on it between I-75 and US-12 daily.  Thank goodness we finally moved to the Southfield office.

Doctor Whom

Between Ann Arbor and Detroit several times; from Ann Arbor to Chicago and back once.

invincor

Under my own driving steam, everything from St. Cloud, Minnesota to downtown Chicago. 
On a high school trip, I was on a bus that went up to Winnipeg, using I-94 for as far as Fargo, ND.  So I've been on everything from Fargo to Chicago.

mgk920

I've been on all of it between I-494 (northwest corner) and US 131.

Mike

hobsini2

1. A small concurrency with US 12 in Miles City, MT from MT 59 to US 12 East.
2. US 85 Belfield ND to MI 59 Mt Clemens MI.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.