News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

SIGNS FOR SALE OR TRADE

Started by ctsignguy, March 01, 2009, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

MCRoads

How much does that road work ahead sign weigh? I might be able to pay for it, I just want it shipped. I'll pay for the mail...
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

Brian556

Quote from: MCRoads on October 02, 2017, 07:45:43 PM
How much does that road work ahead sign weigh? I might be able to pay for it, I just want it shipped. I'll pay for the mail...

postage calculator says $71.00 to ship to OKC

MCRoads

Oh :angry:. Well then, I only have $50 total. Why does it cost SOOOOOO MUCH to ship a road sign?
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

more room plz

US71

Quote from: MCRoads on October 03, 2017, 08:28:43 AM
Oh :angry:. Well then, I only have $50 total. Why does it cost SOOOOOO MUCH to ship a road sign?

Why do you think people call them the Post Awful? ;)

cjk374

Quote from: MCRoads on October 03, 2017, 08:28:43 AM

I believe it costs so much because it is wood instead of aluminum.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

MCRoads

Guess what? My counselor talked to a guy in a sign shop! Right now I'm getting a street sign with my name on it made! :bigass: :bigass: :spin:  :spin: :D :D :D
Interstates traveled:

more room plz

Brian556

cbeach40

For Ontario signs:
I've got a QEW sign on eBay. SOLD

Also have a Hwy 403 shield (new, unposted) SOLD

Plus one more Hwy 21 junction square in nearly new condition.

Other ones in my collection I'd have to see, so if there's anything else from Ontario of interest let me know and I'll see what I've got or can get.

Edited to update information.
and waterrrrrrr!

US71

Quote from: MCRoads on October 04, 2017, 10:50:32 PM
Guess what? My counselor talked to a guy in a sign shop! Right now I'm getting a street sign with my name on it made! :bigass: :bigass: :spin:  :spin: :D :D :D

Jake could have done that for you, too ;)

JoePCool14

I've been reading through some of the posts on this old thread and I want to revive this thread, for a few reasons.

First off, what's the preferred place for people to buy new signs? I believe I've heard that Jake/Agentsteel has a store. Are there any other stores that people have had experience with, good or bad? Any recommendations or places to avoid? Does anyone know of any actual DOTs that are willing to fabricate signs for the public?

Moving on to used signs, does anyone here have anything they're looking to offload any signs from their collection? As with the original purpose of this thread, this would be a great place to bypass eBay fees (or even PayPal fees, if local) and keep the signs within the community. Either way, I'd be interested in taking a look if anyone is open to selling.

From a personal standpoint, there's a few shields that I'd be interested in, used or new (i.e., in particular, US-151, I-80, a California spade). There are also a few other standard signs that I'd like to add to my collection.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

US71

Quote from: JoePCool14 on November 16, 2022, 09:51:01 AM

I've been reading through some of the posts on this old thread and I want to revive this thread, for a few reasons.

First off, what's the preferred place for people to buy new signs? I believe I've heard that Jake/Agentsteel has a store. Are there any other stores that people have had experience with, good or bad? Any recommendations or places to avoid? Does anyone know of any actual DOTs that are willing to fabricate signs for the public?

Agentsteel on the forum is generally my go to source for new signs.  There was someone on e-bay a while back offering signs a while back, but I don't remember who it was.

jmp367

Does anyone know of any actual DOTs that are willing to fabricate signs for the public?

I purchase signs from one of New York State DOT's main sign contractors - Elderlee, Inc. I recently purchased a 36x36" I-90 sign from Elderlee for $160 (before taxes and shipping). So, in short, there are sign contractors that will happily take your money and make signs to DOT spec or even custom signs.

Scott5114

I work for Jake, so I can get you taken care of if you want to go through him. PM me what you'd like and we can go from there.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

JoePCool14

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 17, 2022, 07:02:04 PM

I work for Jake, so I can get you taken care of if you want to go through him. PM me what you'd like and we can go from there.

DM'ed you.  :D

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Alex

I have bought several new signs from National Traffic Signs out of Clearwater, Florida. Had them make an I-515 Nevada for me, an I-11 Nevada for me and a Florida State Road 91 Toll shield. They ran the design of the toll shield by me, allowing me to suggest tweaks (I had them reduce the font size a bit) before making it.

A three digit Interstate shield is $41.46, a 2di Interstate shield is $38.46. Same costs for a U.S. Highway shield (3 digit vs 2 digit). https://ntsigns.com/signs/route-markers-and-parking-lot-signs/

I cut the cost of shipping by driving to their facility and picking up each sign in person. I don't think they charge a terribly high amount for shipping otherwise.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.