News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

NH 16-Rochester, NH

Started by Ian, May 30, 2009, 10:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Hey all!

On NH 16 just when the Spaulding Turnpike ends and NH 16 turns into a super-two freeway for a few miles in Rochester, NH, there are a few golden oldie freeway signs that are seen at most of the exits. Does anyone know if they are still up there? I might want to take a trip up there and snap them if they are.

Thanks!
Ian
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

agentsteel53

last I saw they were there, in April 2008.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Dougtone

I remember the signs being there in September 2008, but there was construction along NH 16 in Rochester then, so the old signs are not long for the world.  There are also some older signs in the area on other roads leading towards interchanges for NH 16.

Alex

Are you talking about these?

Photos taken July 29, 2007.

Ian

Youtube l Flickr

Alex

There were seven of them left on the northbound side when Andy and I drove that road two years ago. Based upon what was written previously, there is probably a good chance they are still kicking.

Alps

Signs were still up on the US 202 plex NB.  That's all I can vouch for.  Construction was definitely ongoing so they'll be gone once the new alignment is ready.

njroadhorse

Anybody know how old the signs are?
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

Ian

Im not sure how old, but I went by there yesturday on the way home from vacation and they are still there! I have southbound photos of them, just not yet uploaded. I also see one of those old signs for NH 125 going south has actually been moved over to the new side of the highway they have. Im not sure, but seems as if these signs wont die!

Ian
Youtube l Flickr

Crazy Volvo Guy

Quote from: froggie on May 31, 2009, 05:24:41 PM
QuoteBased upon what was written previously, there is probably a good chance they are still kicking.

However, since that time, a project has begun to widen that stretch of NH 16 to 4-lanes...hence my comment that, if the signs are still around, they probably won't be for much longer

That saddens me, I loved that super-2.
I hate Clearview, because it looks like a cheap Chinese ripoff.

I'm for the Red Sox and whoever's playing against the Yankees.

Ian

Quote from: US-43|72 on June 30, 2009, 02:27:44 AM
Quote from: froggie on May 31, 2009, 05:24:41 PM
QuoteBased upon what was written previously, there is probably a good chance they are still kicking.

However, since that time, a project has begun to widen that stretch of NH 16 to 4-lanes...hence my comment that, if the signs are still around, they probably won't be for much longer

That saddens me, I loved that super-2.

Well north of all the construction on NH 16, there is still a good distance of the super-2 left. I don't know how long its going to stay there though.

ian
Youtube l Flickr

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.