News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

"Play" function on Street View?

Started by hbelkins, January 04, 2020, 05:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

Has anyone ever found away to advance the images on Google Street View other than clicking the mouse or tapping the arrow button on the keyboard? Is there a way to activate a "play" function similar to watching a video?

One neat thing about Kentucky's photo viewer is that you can either advance by single frames, or advance continually and speed up or slow down the rate. It'd be nice to find that feature on Street View as well for a virtual drive experience.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

ozarkman417

Years ago I used This GSV hyper-lapse creator but it doesn't seem to work (for me) anymore. The site is still up but all is get is "error getting directions for movie, please try again."

Mr. Matté

If you view Street View in Google Earth, you can spin the mouse scroll wheel to advance/reverse the display similar to the DOTs' players. However, it doesn't work right all the time as sometimes you'll just get stretched out images from an adjacent spot or it might take you up turns you don't want to make if there's a road junction.

TheGrassGuy

It'd be best if Google added this itself.
If you ever feel useless, remember that CR 504 exists.

TheGrassGuy

Don't you need an API key, which you'll need a billing account to obtain?

tradephoric

Holding the "+" key advances you faster on streetview than the arrows.

TheGrassGuy

Quote from: tradephoric on January 15, 2020, 07:14:56 AM
Holding the "+" key advances you faster on streetview than the arrows.
No, it just zooms you in.

tradephoric

^It's moving me forward when i hold the + key.  Can anybody else verify that the "+" key in GE zooms you in because that's not what i'm experiencing.

hotdogPi

Quote from: tradephoric on January 15, 2020, 09:20:52 AM
^It's moving me forward when i hold the + key.  Can anybody else verify that the "+" key in GE zooms you in because that's not what i'm experiencing.

It might be a Maps vs. Earth difference.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13,44,50
MA 22,40,107,109,117,119,126,141,159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; UK A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; FR95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New: MA 14, 123

tradephoric

Quote from: 1 on January 15, 2020, 09:21:37 AM
Quote from: tradephoric on January 15, 2020, 09:20:52 AM

It might be a Maps vs. Earth difference.

That's it.  The + zooms you in on Maps but moves you forward on Earth.

TheGrassGuy

Quote from: tradephoric on January 15, 2020, 10:22:05 AM
That's it.  The + zooms you in on Maps but moves you forward on Earth.
Does this work on keyboards without the num pad?

1995hoo

If you're viewing Street View on a tablet or phone (iOS devices, at least; I assume it works on Android as well), you can swipe on the screen to "drive" along the road, but it won't put it into continuous motion. You have to keep swiping.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.