News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Competitive Hypermiling

Started by Max Rockatansky, June 14, 2022, 07:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Does anyone else remember this being a thing about a decade ago?  I recall there even being a forum where people would post their best mileage runs and there actually being competition level rules (like minimum speeds on certain roads).

JayhawkCO

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 14, 2022, 07:07:27 PM
Does anyone else remember this being a thing about a decade ago?  I recall there even being a forum where people would post their best mileage runs and there actually being competition level rules (like minimum speeds on certain roads).

My only use of the phrase "mileage runs" were when airlines were giving out miles based on how far you flew, not how much you spent, so I would often fly to a location very far away (Singapore, Munich, London three weekends in a row, etc.) and immediately returning in order to earn miles. I had status on the airlines and earned probably a million miles that I used to travel far and wide. I've never heard that term for road trips.

Takumi

Yep, I remember it. I also remember Carl Edwards being involved for some reason.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.