News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Dallas-Ft. Worth meet planned for 1/2/10

Started by hbelkins, December 10, 2009, 09:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

G.R. Van, a participant on MTR and the Roadgeek Yahoo group, has scheduled a meet in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area on Saturday, Jan. 2, 2010. Figured I'd post the information here in case anyone doesn't participate in those forums but would like to know. I am planning on traveling to Texas (my first trip to that state) to attend this meet. What better way to start out the new year than visiting a new state and attending a road meet?

The place: El Chico in Arlington, Texas.  It's at 1315 North Collins
Street, at its intersection with Road to Six Flags, on the southeast
corner.  Time: 11:00 CST (their opening time).  There should be plenty of
room for whoever decides to come.

Directions: IH30 exit 28 for Collins Street / FM 157, take FM157 south
(the exit is interesting), go about 1/4 mile to the first light after
the outer road.  El Chico is on the left side.

Sights in the plan: the Dallas High Five interchange, the improvements
on IH30, and other routes per consensus (possibly TX 360 or experience
the Bush Turnpike).

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

hbelkins

I'm still planning on heading to the Lone Star state, barring bad weather along the route or another veterinary emergency.   :-(

Planned route is I-40 west from Nashville to Little Rock, then I-30 west to Texarkana for the night Friday. Saturday it'll be west on I-30 (hoping to get up early enough to clinch I-30 and backtrack to the meet). Afterward I'll be returning to Texarkana, hopefully via I-20 west to Shreveport/Bossier City and US 71 north. Sunday the return trip home will be along I-30 to the Little Rock area, then I-440/AR 440 over to US 167 north, then US 63 north to Thayer, Mo., then eastward to Poplar Bluff and Cape Girardeau. Hopefully there will be enough daylight left for me to take the Dorena-Hickman ferry back into Kentucky, then KY 80 east (our state's longest state route) including the recently-opened section between Mayfield and Murray for a clinch of that route, then overnight somewhere in the general vicinity of Paducah. Monday's return trip home should be rather straightforward -- I-24 east to WK Pkwy east to BG Pkwy east to Lexington -- with a slight detour to check out the new US 62/USeless 641 bridge over the Tennessee River north of Kentucky Dam that was built by the Army Corps of Engineers as they plan to expand the locks at the dam.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.