News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Local Raleigh Area Meet Up/Dinner - Thursday, December 14th?

Started by CanesFan27, December 06, 2017, 12:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanesFan27

Before kids and then being tied down with my MBA, we used to have somewhat regular monthly/every other month get togethers at a local restaurant for a weeknight dinner.  The boys are older now and I finished my MBA last year so why not possibly start this up again.

So I'm seeing if any of the local Raleigh and Durham area roadgeeks are interested in doing a meet up on Thursday night the 14th.

I'm thinking about 7 pm at Oak City Brewery in Knightdale.  I work in Rocky Mount and sometimes not home to 630-645 so it's closer to where I live.

Oak City does not serve food but has food trucks every night.  It's been a very popular East Wake hangout spot since it opened a couple of years ago.

http://www.oakcitybrewingcompany.com/

I'd rather do a Thursday as it doesn't compete with the very popular run club that meets there every Wednesday.

The food truck for Thursday is Fuzzy Empanadas. (I Need to see when Chick-n-cue is next there.)
http://www.fuzzysempanadas.com/menu/

Typically this is just a meet up to talk about the hobby, sports, or other things.  It's basically a guy's and girls night out to talk the hobby and other things.  If you'd are able to join us just drop me a note or reply.  Having some heads up us always helpful.

If there is enough interest, I'd like to have this occur regularly again.

Takumi

I'm not local, but it's not that far of a drive for me. I could potentially make this.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

CanesFan27

Quote from: Takumi on December 10, 2017, 09:44:25 AM
I'm not local, but it's not that far of a drive for me. I could potentially make this.

If you can great! We are just sitting around having a few beers and empanadas.

Takumi

Have to pass, unfortunately, but I'm absolutely interested in the future. I may do a similar thing for the Richmond area as there are 4-5 of us now.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.