News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Highway Talk / Re: Interstate Shield Evolutio...
Last post by Quillz - Today at 08:30:31 PM
The Interstate shield has barely changed. 1961 brought neutered shields and then 1970 altered the geometry of the wide shield. 
Suggestions and Questions / Re: NEW features
Last post by freebrickproductions - Today at 08:30:19 PM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on Today at 05:39:04 PM
Quote from: freebrickproductions on Today at 05:14:54 PM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on Today at 04:40:09 PM
Quote from: kphoger on Today at 04:33:27 PM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on Today at 04:23:06 PM
Quote from: kphoger on Today at 03:55:51 PM
Quote from: epzik8 on March 26, 2024, 02:31:11 PMQuick reply...awesome.

Am I missing something?  Where is this quick reply of which you speak?

For me, right below the last post in a thread.

Oh!  The huge section at the bottom of each page!  Wasn't that always there?

I thought so, too.

It was, but it wasn't as fleshed out, the buttons for various things (like the embeds and things like bolding text) and smilies weren't there.

For bolding and such, I find it just as easy to just type the tags. Smilies are nice though.

Same, though sometimes going through and adding a URL is easier with the button around selected text, especially if I didn't already have the link I'm using at the ready. ;-)

As a side note, I think "quick edit" had been an option with the older software, but the button for it was less prominent.
Central States / Re: Missouri
Last post by afguy - Today at 08:27:33 PM
Quote from: MikieTimT on March 27, 2024, 04:26:25 PM
Quote from: intelati49 on March 23, 2024, 09:14:17 AM
Quote from: mvak36 on March 19, 2024, 09:12:41 AM
Quote from: kphoger on March 18, 2024, 09:01:29 PM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on March 18, 2024, 07:52:03 PMMissouri is just getting shit done.

Now there's something I never expected to read!

Lol. I won't believe it until the budget gets passed and the governor signs it. But I never thought something like last year would ever happen, so I'll take it. Hopefully the next governor will continue the focus on improving the roads.

I won't believe it until shovels hit the ground honestly..

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on March 22, 2024, 09:25:47 AMNot that I would oppose that because obviously I do like fully directional interchanges. I just wonder why they wouldn't take care of the I-44/I-49/249 interchange and make that a fully directional one first. Seems like they could also build a freeway to freeway system interchange at Business 49 and interstate 49.

Unless they're planning to eventually convert MO 59 to a freeway further south.

I'm more interested in the EB/NB flyover ramp at this location.

If you can get the MO171/MO249/I49 situation figured out, then that would help everything else out.

MO-171/249 is the only way I ever get through Carthage when traveling I-49.  The congestion on the concurrency of I-44/49 and the tight cloverleaf with north I-49 makes it worthwhile to suffer through the traffic lights northbound to get back on I-49 at Carthage from MO-171.  Southbound, and it isn't even close as there's no traffic light to slow you down to get onto MO-171.  If they could figure out how to route the freeway between the curve just west of Exit 47 on MO-171 and the curve just to the west of Exit 55 on I-49 with bridging the Spring River and overpassing  it would even be the shortest distance and a logical rerouting of I-49 to skip the concurrency altogether with I-44 and the segment south of that curve down to I-44.  Could make a 3DI out of that stretch to I-44 and remove the concurrency, and that fixes it better anyways.  Trouble is, that direct connection would have to be predominantly bridge/overpasses for 2.75 miles to make the cutoff work, so not cheap, and thus probably never going to happen.  Oh well, we can dream...

I know MoDOT does have long range plans to rebuild the MO 249/I-49 as a freeway-to-freeway interchange and convert M 249 to an interstate. It's currently listed on MoDOT's unfunded priority list under Tier 2.
https://www.modot.org/sites/default/files/documents/High-Priority%20Unfunded%20Needs%202023_0.pdf
Quote from: silverback1065 on Today at 07:46:28 PMcan someone post an example of a green T interchange that is already built, I have never seen one before.
Something like this?

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Sx5mP93CE6ZibZ4X9?g_st=ic
http://=https://www.newsweek.com/solar-eclipse-traffic-collisions-danger-warning-1883715

Seems the data says accidents are more likely during eclipse events.
General Highway Talk / Re: Highways on Jeopardy!
Last post by kphoger - Today at 07:55:30 PM
Quote from: ZLoth on Today at 07:35:25 PMWith all of those Interstate miles, Texas has only one North-South interstate, I-35, that stretches the entire state. The other significant North-South Interstate, I-45, only goes between Houston and Dallas before it becomes hidden I-345, then US-75.

If it weren't for the Panhandle, Texas would only have one east-west Interstate stretching from coat to cost border to border.
Suggestions and Questions / Re: NEW features
Last post by kphoger - Today at 07:51:05 PM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on Today at 05:39:04 PMFor bolding and such, I find it just as easy to just type the tags. Smilies are nice though.

Same here, w/r/t formatting tags:  I always just type them manually.  I never use the actual icons for that.  But I can never remember which emoticon corresponds to which emoji/sticker.  So yeah, that is nice to have in the 'quick reply' box, not just after clicking [PREVIEW].  Of course, I almost always am only using a smiley if I'm quoting someone else's post, and I always click [PREVIEW] when quoting, to make sure nothing went awry...
can someone post an example of a green T interchange that is already built, I have never seen one before.
General Highway Talk / Re: Highways on Jeopardy!
Last post by ZLoth - Today at 07:35:25 PM
With all of those Interstate miles, Texas has only one North-South interstate, I-35, that stretches the entire state. The other significant North-South Interstate, I-45, only goes between Houston and Dallas before it becomes hidden I-345, then US-75.
Mid-South / Re: SH 288 toll lanes, Houston
Last post by Anthony_JK - Today at 07:26:14 PM
The biggest issue with P3's is that there is a tendency to cut corners when it comes to design and construction, and thusly you get what happened with the I-69 Indiana Segment 4 P3 contract through Bloomington, which had so many design mistakes, delays, and poor management that INDOT ended up terminating the contract and finishing I-69 itself through a traditional public contract.

Also, I'm not so kind on taking pension funds that were designed for workers who paid into them with their labor being looted for private companies to build toll roads in outlying areas or other countries.

I wouldn't mind them either making the 288 express lanes totally free except for the direct connectors to the Sam Houston Tollway interchange (which makes sense, since the SHT is mostly a toll facility), or keeping the tolls as low as possible and using the excess on upgrading the rest of 288 to full freeway all the way to Freeport.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.