News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Longest Interstate You Haven't Been On

Started by adwerkema, September 15, 2018, 11:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothman

Quote from: Rothman on July 31, 2023, 09:49:36 AM
Quote from: Rothman on July 29, 2021, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Rothman on September 16, 2018, 03:25:51 PM
Checking my logs: The longest I haven't touched is I-A1 in Alaska.  After that, I am unsure about I-8 (although I could swear I ended up on a short section of it around Yuma; just not sure where, exactly).  After that, I-A4...after that, I-45.
No change, here.
Still no change, although it may do so later this year...
Been on I-8 now.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

dlsterner

1.  I-5 (1397 miles)
2.  I-25 (1076 miles)
3.  I-84 (western) (779 miles)
4.  I-29 (763 miles)
5.  I-44 (647 miles)

Guess I need to do more travel out west.

kkt

I-94.  It's possible I was on it as a passenger in the Chicago vicinity about age 15 - but it's also possible we only crossed it.

kkt

Quote from: JayhawkCO on January 26, 2022, 01:45:22 PM
Quote from: ethanhopkin14 on January 26, 2022, 01:34:26 PM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on January 26, 2022, 10:50:11 AM
Quote from: ethanhopkin14 on January 26, 2022, 09:55:13 AM
Quote from: SkyPesos on January 25, 2022, 09:27:35 PM
Quote from: ethanhopkin14 on January 25, 2022, 04:42:42 PM
Just a curious post:

Can you really say you have been on an interstate if the only part you have been on was a cosign of a through route you were taking?
Yes

I'm not sure why (for example) I wouldn't count myself being on I-57 when the only parts I've only been on are the concurrencies with I-64 and I-70. It's still marked as I-57 on the BGS and reassurance shields.

It gets a bit more complicated for unsigned routes, like if you've been on I-25 in Colorado, would you count that as being on US 87 as well?

I don't think they are one in the same.  US-87 in Colorado is cosigned with I-25 for a very long way.  I am more thinking about short concurrencies that are clearly one route hopping on the other through route of a mile or two.  For the longest time, I had only been on I-59 during the concurrency with I-20, but that concurrency exists in two states.  Saying I had been on I-70 years ago even though literally the only place I was on it was the Poplar Street Bridge in St. Louis (pre-Stan Musial days) because I traveled from I-44 and then got on I-64.  I don't really feel like I have been on I-77 in Virginia because the only time I have been on it is the wrong way concurrency on I-81.  Technically speaking, all cases, you are on the route even if you spend a mile on it when it cosigns with another, but I feel like I cheated to get it into my road portfolio.

I mean, you've been on over 10% of I-77 in Virginia.

I am not fighting this, lol.  I am just saying it feel cheap....  Like your crush was way out of your league and didn't go to the dance with you, so you went to the dance with her ugly friend.  Then you both rode in the same car to the dance, so you still went to the dance with your crush right?

To proceed with the analogy, but maybe your crush got drunk and accidentally kissed you instead of her date?

Roads don't get mad if you drive on another road.

jlam

Quote from: elsmere241 on January 12, 2024, 10:20:34 AM
My guess is 21, though I've crossed the interchange on I-81 where US 21 ends several times.  Next is 27, though I've been through the interchange on I-40 where I-27's current north end is.  I can't think of a 28, unless there's some state route I've been on that I don't remember.

Did you mean to post this here?

elsmere241

Yes, I wondered what had happened to it.  I've fixed it.

hobsini2

Up until 2022, the answer for me was I-5. However, I was on 3 miles of it in Sacramento that summer.
Not counting interstates outside of the contiguous US, the only 1 or 2 digit interstates I have never been on are 2, 8, 14, 16, 19, 82, 84 WEST, 86 WEST, 87 SOUTH, 96. So I guess my answer is now i-84 WEST.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Scott5114

I've been on I-15 now, so my answer is now I-5.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

milbfan

Dough4872

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.