News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Forum Fonts?!?!?

Started by myosh_tino, April 01, 2014, 01:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

getemngo

Guys! Guys! The reason the forum Clearview is hard to read? It's a negative contrast violation!  :pan: :pan:
~ Sam from Michigan

Scott5114

Quote from: froggie on April 01, 2014, 08:18:32 AM
Wish SMF wouldn't change ALL users layouts to the new one when the mods add a new one...

That was the only way to set the joke up. About half of the people had manually specified Button Copy rather than the forum default, so there was no other way to inflict the font on them but to have the software change everyone to the new theme. And it wouldn't have been a good joke if only half of the people saw it and everyone else said "I don't see anything different..."

If you simply can't stand it and want an early reprieve from Clearview, go to Profile > Modify Profile > Look and Layout and select the Button Copy 2.0 theme. (And in the future, if any masochist wants to change back to Clearview after April 1, you can select Button Copy (Clearview) to get it back.)
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Scott5114 on April 01, 2014, 02:03:54 PM
(And in the future, if any masochist wants to change back to Clearview after April 1, you can select Button Copy (Clearview) to get it back.)

And for that reason, I added back in the forum logo for that theme. ;)

Thing 342

Initially, I had thought that some of my system fonts had leaked into the site (as sometimes happen with older sites), but well done!

sammi

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on April 01, 2014, 03:40:06 PM
(And in the future, if any masochist wants to change back to Clearview after April 1, you can select Button Copy (Clearview) to get it back.)

It would be great if you could use a Clearview version of the logo instead for the Clearview theme. I mean, the slogan is already in Clearview anyway. :spin:

(On the other hand, I don't know what button copy Clearview looks like. :/)

jbnv

Quote from: getemngo on April 01, 2014, 01:13:46 PM
Guys! Guys! The reason the forum Clearview is hard to read? It's a negative contrast violation!  :pan: :pan:
This is true. The positive-contrast disclaimer at the bottom is much more legible.
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

Brandon

If you simply can't stand it and want an early reprieve from Clearview, go to Profile > Modify Profile > Look and Layout and select the Button Copy 2.0 theme. (And in the future, if any masochist wants to change back to Clearview after April 1, you can select Button Copy (Clearview) to get it back.)

As I have already done.  Wish I could do that for my state (Illinois).
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

xcellntbuy

Scott5114

Quote from: sammi on April 01, 2014, 04:34:16 PM

It would be great if you could use a Clearview version of the logo instead for the Clearview theme. I mean, the slogan is already in Clearview anyway. :spin:

I made one, but it might have gotten lost in the upload.

getemngo

Quote from: xcellntbuy on April 01, 2014, 07:00:03 PM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on April 01, 2014, 06:20:34 AM
This font is horrendous to read!!!
I will second that.

Clearview's not meant for long paragraphs of text. If the whole forums were in Highway Gothic, it would be equally hard to read, with the bonus of us being stuck in the 1950s, everything being way too bold, and having ugly lowercase g's. :happy:
~ Sam from Michigan

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Scott5114 on April 01, 2014, 07:04:35 PM
Quote from: sammi on April 01, 2014, 04:34:16 PM

I made one, but it might have gotten lost in the upload.

Found and fixed the theme to add it. ;)

CrystalWalrein

Actually, Terminal Design does have a variant of Clearview for applications other than signage (ClearviewText), which AT&T picked up for a while. Someone should have put together some money for that; it would have pissed off the anti-Clearview crowd even more that it's used in pamphlets!

codyg1985

At least y'all didn't turn the site pink like on another forum I visit.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

WNYroadgeek

Clearly this is AlanDOT's doing.

US71

Quote from: codyg1985 on April 01, 2014, 09:28:59 PM

Making a note of that for next year :p
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

rickmastfan67

Quote from: US71 on April 01, 2014, 10:09:26 PM

Got the color code stored and ready for next year. :P lol. :bigass:

Alps

I voted for "F0BB80" orange.

US71

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on April 01, 2014, 10:12:49 PM
Quote from: US71 on April 01, 2014, 10:09:26 PM

Got the color code stored and ready for next year. :P lol. :bigass:

Make it  fluorescent pink

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

signalman

Okay, it's officially April 2.  Can we please have the old font back now?  I love reading this forum, but my eyes are bleeding!

getemngo

Quote from: signalman on April 02, 2014, 02:29:01 AM
Okay, it's officially April 2.  Can we please have the old font back now?  I love reading this forum, but my eyes are bleeding!

Profile -> Modify Profile -> Look and Layout -> Current Theme -> Change.
~ Sam from Michigan

signalman

Quote from: getemngo on April 02, 2014, 02:41:19 AM
Quote from: signalman on April 02, 2014, 02:29:01 AM

Profile -> Modify Profile -> Look and Layout -> Current Theme -> Change.
Thanks for the tip.  I was willing to put up with it for April Fool's Day, plus I wasn't feeling well, so I was a bit lazy.  However, now I'm going to manually change it.  I'm feeling better today and am highly annoyed by the font.

Scott5114

Aaaand we're back to normal. Sorry to whoever that one guy is who likes the SMF default white and blue theme, I had to set everyone to the Button Copy theme to make the Clearview go away!

froggie

QuoteSorry to whoever that one guy is who likes the SMF default white and blue theme, I had to set everyone to the Button Copy theme to make the Clearview go away!

Ahem...that was me...the default is much easier on my eyes than ANY of your button copy options.

hbelkins

Oddly enough, I didn't even notice that the April Fools font was Clearview. I just noticed that it was different.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

PHLBOS

Was the fore-mentioned forum in question an aviation-based one?  I know of one that did such (for April 1) several years ago.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.