News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Final Destination series

Started by tolbs17, November 02, 2021, 12:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tolbs17

Does anyone remember watching that movie?  I love watching it because it has funny scenes! 

It's a very, very, scary movie.  It's like a Halloween movie.

Max Rockatansky

The second movie featured your typical day on US 23:

Which incidentally is a bad piece of movie continuity since US 23 (NY 23?) doesn't go to New York, but whatever.

abefroman329

I remember they were showing it in the student union at UIC during finals week when I was getting my MBA, which seemed like a poor choice for finals week.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: abefroman329 on November 02, 2021, 02:58:26 PM
I remember they were showing it in the student union at UIC during finals week when I was getting my MBA, which seemed like a poor choice for finals week.

Planning on taking a flight somewhere after finals?

LilianaUwU

I watched a few of those movies ages ago, and I recall vividly a scene where somebody is thrown towards one of those metal fences with a diamond pattern, resulting in them getting through in multiple pieces.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: LilianaUwU on November 02, 2021, 03:09:31 PM
I watched a few of those movies ages ago, and I recall vividly a scene where somebody is thrown towards one of those metal fences with a diamond pattern, resulting in them getting through in multiple pieces.

The one I always remember is the kid getting gibbed by the pane of glass at the Dentist's Office:

index

This was the kind of thing I'd watch when I was 10 and I thought that by doing so, I was cool, mature because I could handle BLOOD  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o , and edgy, therefore better than everyone else.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: index on November 02, 2021, 03:28:55 PM
This was the kind of thing I'd watch when I was 10 and I thought that by doing so, I was cool, mature because I could handle BLOOD  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o , and edgy, therefore better than everyone else.

They are basically just run of the mill Slasher movies where the vague manifestation of Death is the killer.  The only reason I ever really watched was to see how creative some of the kills could be.  I've seen all of them but only remember vague plot points from the first one.  My wife doesn't like the Final Destination movies since Tony Todd freaked her out as a kid in the Candy Man franchise.

abefroman329

Once they got to the point that the accidents were either physically impossible (the roller coaster accident) or very, very, very unlikely (FFS, no one straps you to the table before laser eye surgery), I lost interest.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: abefroman329 on November 02, 2021, 03:56:36 PM
Once they got to the point that the accidents were either physically impossible (the roller coaster accident) or very, very, very unlikely (FFS, no one straps you to the table before laser eye surgery), I lost interest.

My Slasher movies lose their potency after the first or second entry.  Nightmare on Elm Street comes to mind as maybe a minor exception given they had a lot of ways to go with the dream premise.

Scott5114

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 02, 2021, 07:59:33 AM

Which incidentally is a bad piece of movie continuity since US 23 (NY 23?) doesn't go to New York, but whatever.

What the hell was supposed to have caused all of the explosions? I guess I'm spoiled since now with the Internet and dashcam/cell phone video you can go online and see what an actual car crash looks like without participating in one (r/IdiotsInCars is fascinating). But it reminds me of something a friend of mine said when I was in elementary school, which was that in a movie a shopping cart can run into an ice cream truck and they both explode.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 02, 2021, 07:34:32 PM

What the hell was supposed to have caused all of the explosions? I guess I'm spoiled since now with the Internet and dashcam/cell phone video you can go online and see what an actual car crash looks like without participating in one (r/IdiotsInCars is fascinating). But it reminds me of something a friend of mine said when I was in elementary school, which was that in a movie a shopping cart can run into an ice cream truck and they both explode.

Well I mean, there was a Ford Pinto involved.

SectorZ

Quote from: index on November 02, 2021, 03:28:55 PM

Me watching Terminator at 7 years old. Yeah, I didn't sleep right for a week after that and still hate robots to this day.

74/171FAN

Maybe US 23 in Ann Arbor?
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

tolbs17

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: tolbs17 on November 02, 2021, 12:25:15 AM
Does anyone remember watching that movie?  I love watching it because it has funny scenes! 

i guess what i never understood, was they made more than one. i mean, if it's the 'final destination', then how could there be a final destination 2 etc... did they miss an exit?
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

tolbs17

Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on November 14, 2021, 12:59:27 PM
Quote from: tolbs17 on November 02, 2021, 12:25:15 AM

i guess what i never understood, was they made more than one. i mean, if it's the 'final destination', then how could there be a final destination 2 etc... did they miss an exit?
It's just a continued series... That being said maybe I should rename this thread

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.