What road did you leave on and reenter your state when you left it?

Started by roadman65, October 18, 2019, 10:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Forgot about this...
Left Ohio via I-470 last week.
Re-entered Ohio via PA 51/Oh 14 earlier this week.
No crossings missed!
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

allniter89

BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

Bruce

My Oregon trip this week: entered via I-5, exited via I-5, entered via I-205, exited via I-205

Two round trips on Portland's road bridges over the Columbia.

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

hbelkins

Today, left Kentucky/entered Tennessee on KY 61/TN 53 (ADHS Corridor J.) Re-entered Kentucky/left Tennessee on TN 111 (which pokes its nose ever so slightly into Kentucky before it terminates at US 127 due to a realigned intersection as a result of US 127 reconstruction.)

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

NWI_Irish96

If I posted every time I left and re-entered my state I'd be posting every day, but here's this one is more interesting than most:

Left Indiana on River Dr (Munster)/Bernice Rd (Lansing). Re-entered on I-94 (New Buffalo/Michigan City).
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Rothman

From this last trip:

NY/PA: NY 14/PA 14
PA/MD: I-81
MD/PA: Orleans Rd/PA 26
PA/MD: PA 26/Orleans Rd
MD/WV: US 219
WV/VA: US 220
VA/WV: VA 84/WV 84
WV/PA: I-79
PA/NY: I-90
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

hbelkins

Quote from: Rothman on July 29, 2021, 12:05:36 AM
From this last trip:
VA/WV: VA 84/WV 84

The state line in that area is interesting. The first time I was in the area, in 2002, I was driving up WV 92 and made runs to the state line on both WV 39 and WV 84 to get End sign photos for the old State-Ends site. (I've since driven westbound on VA 39 to cross the state line). WV 92 seems to run along a fairly level plateau of sorts, and the state line is at the top of a precipice, so to speak. Immediately after you cross the state line going east on both routes, you start descending a mountain.

Compare that to other crossings, such as I-64, US 250, and US 33, where you climb a mountain on both sides of the state line.

sprjus4

andrepoiy

Most recently:

Leave: Highway 401 to Autoroute 20 (ON-QC)
Return: Autoroute 5 to King Edward Avenue (QC-ON)

Rothman

Doing some catch up here...

Mid-August, took a trip where I crossed NY/PA and then back on I-81

Earlier this month: 

NY/MA: I-90
MA/VT: I-91
VT/NH: VT/NH 123
NH/VT:  NH/VT 123
VT/NH: Cornish-Windsor Covered Bridge
NH/VT: Cornish-Windsor Covered Bridge
VT/NY: VT 279/NY 915G ("To NY 7")

TheStranger

Last year, took a trip to Reno via I-80, went back out towards California via NV/CA 88.

This year, as part of the Daytona roadtrip, left California via the access road to AZ 95 in Needles, returned via US 395 at Topaz Lake.
Chris Sampang

jlam

Last time I took a road trip out of state, I went to SW Utah via Wyoming a month ago (I-70 was closed.) I ended up leaving and reentering the state along US 287. I was a passenger and I pushed to take I-25 back into CO since traffic was backed up in Fort Collins, but we ended up turning south in Laramie. 

TXtoNJ

US 89

Quote from: jlam on September 10, 2021, 04:01:54 PM
Last time I took a road trip out of state, I went to SW Utah via Wyoming a month ago (I-70 was closed.) I ended up leaving and reentering the state along US 287. I was a passenger and I pushed to take I-25 back into CO since traffic was backed up in Fort Collins, but we ended up turning south in Laramie.

Heh, your experience with that route is the opposite of mine. I grew up in SLC and had family in Denver, so we'd drive there on occasion. Every time we took the Wyoming route, we'd do 80 all the way to Cheyenne before turning south on 25, simply because it was all interstate and that's what we'd always done. In the pre-Google era, how was one to know 287 was faster?

My parents were shocked to learn 287 is in fact a faster way between Laramie and Fort Collins. I just drove that route for the first time a month ago.

hbelkins

Last trip, left Kentucky (entered Ohio) via I-71/I-75 on the lower deck of a double-decker bridge.

Returned to Kentucky (from Indiana) via I-64 on the lower deck of a double-decker bridge.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: hbelkins on September 10, 2021, 09:12:30 PM
Last trip, left Kentucky (entered Ohio) via I-71/I-75 on the lower deck of a double-decker bridge.

Returned to Kentucky (from Indiana) via I-64 on the lower deck of a double-decker bridge.

As long as you didn't come and go by the lower deck of the same bridge.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Bruce

A few new ones to add from last month:

Left WA on US 197, re-entered from OR on US 97

Left WA on I-82, re-entered from OR on US 730

Left WA on US 12, re-entered from ID on SR 128

Left WA on SR 128, re-entered from ID on Southway Bridge

Left WA on US 12 (again), re-entered from ID on US 195 (and then switched back and forth on US 195 Spur)

Left WA on SR 270/ID-8, re-entered from ID on SH-6/SR 272

Left WA on SR 274/ID-60, re-entered from ID on SH-58/SR 278

Bonus: Left ID on US-2, re-entered from MT on SH-200

Left WA on SR 278/SH-58, re-entered from ID on US-2

Left WA on SR 290/SH-53, re-entered from ID on SH-41/SR 41/US 2

US 89

Briefly entered SC during a day trip from Atlanta to Savannah/Tybee Island areas. Left Georgia on I-95, returned on US 17.

SkyPesos

Left Ohio on I-74 a few weeks ago, haven't reentered the state since then.

allniter89

Quote from: Rothman on July 24, 2021, 10:35:58 AM
Quote from: allniter89 on July 24, 2021, 03:24:09 AM
Either FL 85N or US 331N.
You're not sure?
:-D^
I thought those were the only two hwys nearby to drive to AL . However checking Google Maps I see there are 3 additional hwys to AL, Okaloosa County Hwys 85A, 6 & 393. I thought 393 deadended at FL 85 but I see it continues as Robinson Rd into AL tho its not signed 393 except on Google Maps. There are many dirt roads that cross to AL also altho some of those might require 4WD that I dont have.
I guess I'll go exploring Sunday, I'll take pix if anything is noteworthy<doubtful
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

Max Rockatansky

Assuming everything goes to plan today it will have been I-80 last Monday and I-80 today returning to California.

Rothman

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 12, 2021, 08:01:15 AM
Assuming everything goes to plan today it will have been I-80 last Monday and I-80 today returning to California.
Never count chicks before they hatch.

index

Two most recent trips were both into TN this month:

Sep 12: Left, re-entered on US 321. Took a day trip to Watauga Lake with a few people.

Yesterday: Left on US 421, re-entered on US 321. Went to Johnson City to get my phone camera fixed (and I have to go back because they ordered the wrong part...) and Elizabethton to see a friend.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

hbelkins

Quote from: index on September 22, 2021, 09:43:30 AM
Two most recent trips were both into TN this month:

Sep 12: Left, re-entered on US 321. Took a day trip to Watauga Lake with a few people.

Yesterday: Left on US 421, re-entered on US 321. Went to Johnson City to get my phone camera fixed (and I have to go back because they ordered the wrong part...) and Elizabethton to see a friend.

From Boone to Johnson City, entering Tennessee on 421? What route did you take past Mountain City?

I've said before that my go-to route to Boone is to take US 23 and Alternate US 58 to Abingdon, then US 58 to Damascus, then VA/TN 91 to Mountain City.  But that seems a bit out of the way if you're going as far south as Johnson City, and I have no desire to cross the mountain between Mountain City and Bristol ever again. I've driven 321 between Boone and Hampton once, and while it wasn't a picnic, I liked it better than 421.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.