News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

NFL (2024 Season)

Started by webny99, February 04, 2020, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: tchafe1978 on September 24, 2021, 10:16:10 AM
I don't like all the games on cable or streaming services either. I don't have cable or sattelite, or anything like YouTube TV or Hulu Live. Just our antenna for local stations and a Roku. I get Madison stations on the antenna, and Madison isn't considered part of the local market for the Packers like Green Bay and Milwaukee is, so any Packers games on ESPN or whatever, I can't watch on TV. Thankfully though the Yahoo Sports app streams any locally or nationally broadcast games, so at least I can watch on my tiny phone screen. But the Thursday night games on NFL Network, because of "rights restrictions", they don't let you watch over WiFi and force you to use your data connection instead.

Unfortunately, we're still not at the point where you can subscribe to individual channels. You can't get only ESPN because Disney wants you to subscribe to a package that also includes Disney Channel, A&E, FX, History and Lifetime.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

thspfc

Quote from: jayhawkco on September 23, 2021, 04:39:05 PM
Not that I want them to, but I have a hunch the Bears are going to put up a better fight against Cleveland than you think.

Chris
Justin Fields in his first career start in a season in which all but one of the rookie quarterbacks have struggled early, and he wasn't very good against a bad Bengals defense? And the Bears won't be able to run the ball either, as the Browns' run defense has been very good so far against two teams that will probably have better run games than the Bears.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: thspfc on September 24, 2021, 12:33:29 PM
Not that I want them to, but I have a hunch the Bears are going to put up a better fight against Cleveland than you think.

Chris
Justin Fields in his first career start in a season in which all but one of the rookie quarterbacks have struggled early, and he wasn't very good against a bad Bengals defense? And the Bears won't be able to run the ball either, as the Browns' run defense has been very good so far against two teams that will probably have better run games than the Bears.

I dunno.  I put my money where my mouth is and have CHI +7.5 in a parlay I played for this weekend.  I personally think Fields is the 2nd best of the QBs that came out this year (after Lawrence) and I feel like his running ability should be enough to keep things interesting.  While the Browns may have shut down running games, they shut down the power RBs known as Edwards-Helaire and Ingram, who haven't run on anyone this year.  Neither of those games featured a true running QB like Fields is; Mahomes can run some, but he's not Lamar or Kyler.  Tyrod Taylor/Davis Mills same story; and, the Browns "only" beat Houston by 10.  Chicago is a better team than Houston making me think that this game will be close.

Chris

TheHighwayMan3561

Chris

A full week of practice with the first team will help Fields this week. Cleveland didn't exactly blow the doors off a pretty bad Houston team last week, either.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

thspfc

Quote from: jayhawkco on September 24, 2021, 04:52:04 PM

Chris

I dunno.  I put my money where my mouth is and have CHI +7.5 in a parlay I played for this weekend.  I personally think Fields is the 2nd best of the QBs that came out this year (after Lawrence) and I feel like his running ability should be enough to keep things interesting.  While the Browns may have shut down running games, they shut down the power RBs known as Edwards-Helaire and Ingram, who haven't run on anyone this year.  Neither of those games featured a true running QB like Fields is; Mahomes can run some, but he's not Lamar or Kyler.  Tyrod Taylor/Davis Mills same story; and, the Browns "only" beat Houston by 10.  Chicago is a better team than Houston making me think that this game will be close.

Chris
Since when was Tyrod Taylor not a dual-threat quarterback?

Alps

Quote from: Henry on September 24, 2021, 09:44:50 AM
The Wild Card round will now have a Monday night game:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32269232/nfl-play-one-six-wild-card-games-monday-night

IIRC, this would be the first instance of a playoff game ever being played on a day other than Saturday or Sunday. Seeing that ESPN has the MNF package, a Wild Card edition would also be aired, with the other three networks continuing to broadcast the weekend games (two each for NBC and CBS, one for FOX).
You do not recall correctly. This I believe is the 4th instance; such was cited on the radio when the news broke.

thspfc

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32269232/nfl-play-one-six-wild-card-games-monday-night

IIRC, this would be the first instance of a playoff game ever being played on a day other than Saturday or Sunday. Seeing that ESPN has the MNF package, a Wild Card edition would also be aired, with the other three networks continuing to broadcast the weekend games (two each for NBC and CBS, one for FOX).
This year it's Fox's turn to have two wild card round games while CBS has one, and CBS has two divisional round games while Fox has one. It alternates every season.

ilpt4u

Quote from: thspfc on September 25, 2021, 08:24:11 AM

This year it's Fox's turn to have two wild card round games while CBS has one, and CBS has two divisional round games while Fox has one. It alternates every season.
No - the 5th&6th WC Games that were added last season were bid out on separate contracts than the existing, current TV deals - CBS won one, NBC won the other. That is why it went from each of the 4 Networks have 1 WC game to 2 Networks having 1 and 2 Networks having 2, and those 2 are set on NBC and CBS

Otherwise, CBS would not have had the rights to air the Bears/Saints WC game last season, since CBS has the AFC Contract and the AFC Playoffs, and Bears/Saints was an NFC WC game...but that was one of the 2 "bonus"  WC games, and those Rights were sold separately

When the new TV contracts begin, that may change, but the WC Round has nothing to do with the Divisional Round rotation

webny99

Wow, where to start with Week 3 in the NFL!

Ravens make history at Ford Field with a 66-yard game-winner from Justin Tucker.

Chargers beat Chiefs at Arrowhead to send the Chiefs to 1-2, all alone in 4th place in the division.

Giants out-Falcon the Falcons and fall to 0-3.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: webny99 on September 26, 2021, 06:07:19 PM
Wow, where to start with Week 3 in the NFL!

Ravens make history at Ford Field with a 66-yard game-winner from Justin Tucker.

Chargers beat Chiefs at Arrowhead to send the Chiefs to 1-2, all alone in 4th place in the division.

Giants out-Falcon the Falcons and fall to 0-3.

Yeah...typical kick in the nuts way for Lions to lose again. 

Roadgeekteen

Missed false start against Baltimore?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

JayhawkCO

Quote from: thspfc on September 24, 2021, 06:29:26 PM
Quote from: jayhawkco on September 24, 2021, 04:52:04 PM

Chris

Chris
Since when was Tyrod Taylor not a dual-threat quarterback?

Obviously I was wrong on this game, and Fields getting hurt didn't help the cause.  When I referenced Tyrod, he only had one rushing attempt against Cleveland.  He has the ability to run, but didn't use it much against the Browns.

Chris

thspfc

Quote from: thspfc on September 23, 2021, 12:59:39 PM
Predictions

Chiefs 31, Chargers 28
Cardinals 41, Jaguars 23
Browns 23, Bears 6
Washington 29, Bills 23
Colts 34, Titans 17
Patriots 26, Saints 16
Giants 30, Falcons 21
Steelers 21, Bengals 19
Ravens 27, Lions 17
Just look at how that one was almost exact, don't look at how I went 3 of 9 in total in the early window.

Seems like Josh Allen is back to his 2020 form, it definitely took a couple weeks though.

If the Buccaneers can't pull off a large comeback then everyone is in for some of the usual "is Brady done?"  talk, even though he's actually played a pretty solid game despite the score.

kurumi

- Hey, the Falcons grabbed a victory from the jaws of defeat

"You mean the other way around, right?"

- No, not this time!
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

plain

Quote from: kurumi on September 26, 2021, 08:20:48 PM
- Hey, the Falcons grabbed a victory from the jaws of defeat

"You mean the other way around, right?"

- No, not this time!

And the Giants are starting out 0-3 yet again smdh this is going to be a loonng season
Newark born, Richmond bred

thspfc

thspfc

One thing that's not being talked about at all is how terrible the Buccaneers' pass defense has been. They're giving up 35 completions, 349 yards, and 3 touchdowns per game. Now, the Cowboys, Falcons, and Rams are three of the best passing offenses. But for a defense that was so good during the Super Bowl run last season, it's surprising to see them playing like this.

It seems like the Jets set a new all-time low every single week. And between the Jets own losses, and Sam Darnold playing well, the Jets are getting ever closer to the 2010s Browns levels of incompetence - they've already surpassed the 21st century Lions for second place on the list of being the biggest joke team in the NFL.

If the season ended today, Derek Carr would be the unanimous MVP.

Roadgeekteen

New York (really New Jersey) football really sucks.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

tchafe1978

With the Packers win over the 49ers 30-28, I think rumors of the Packers and Rodgers' demise were greatly exagerrated.

Never give Rodgers time, he'll find a way to beat you.

jp the roadgeek

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 26, 2021, 06:40:59 PM
Missed delay of game on Baltimore the play before the kick.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on September 27, 2021, 01:08:31 AM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 26, 2021, 06:40:59 PM
Missed delay of game on Baltimore the play before the kick.
Yeah, that's what I meant. God hates the Lions lol.

webny99

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 26, 2021, 11:32:07 PM
New York (really New Jersey) football really sucks.

Real New York football isn't bad! :)

thspfc

Quote from: tchafe1978 on September 26, 2021, 11:45:54 PM
With the Packers win over the 49ers 30-28, I think rumors of the Packers and Rodgers' demise were greatly exagerrated.

Never give Rodgers time, he'll find a way to beat you.
Nobody really said that the Packers were awful. Worse than last year, sure, but definitely not done for. I think it's more about the 49ers being overrated. Their secondary is terrible. Anybody can throw on them.

webny99

If the 49ers were a bit savvier with their clock management at the end there, they could have stolen a game that the Packers dominated. To me it's a big sigh of relief for the Packers more than a sign of another great season.

plain

Quote from: webny99 on September 27, 2021, 10:53:18 AM
If the 49ers were a bit savvier with their clock management at the end there, they could have stolen a game that the Packers dominated. To me it's a big sigh of relief for the Packers more than a sign of another great season.
I was just coming to post something I saw on FB just now lmao

moto g(7) optimo (XT1952DL)

Newark born, Richmond bred

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.