News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Saginaw, Michigan to Lynchburg, Virginia

Started by Flint1979, August 27, 2023, 08:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flint1979

This isn't a trip that I have taken but rather my parents are on now. They like to call me and ask me for directions since they know I don't get lost too often. So last night they left for a trip to Lynchburg, Virginia leaving Saginaw, Michigan around 5:00 or so. I called my dad a little while after they left so I could tell him what channel the Tigers game was on. Then I remembered just about every day there is a traffic jam on US-23 going south of Flint, it was probably about an hour or so since I had talked to him and I noticed a traffic jam on SB US-23 south of Ann Arbor the traffic was backed up from Willis Road to I-94 due to an accident. I was thinking I better call him and let him know since he's probably not using a GPS system like  Google Maps or Waze or any of those. I called him and gave him a few options, well as I was telling him that he told me he was sitting in that traffic jam. I said oh man if you aren't up to US-12 yet just get off there and take it to Platt Road and head south to Willis Road and get back on, well he was already past US-12. It took over an hour to get through there I was talking to him for 37 minutes and in those 37 minutes he made it 2 miles.

I said well why don't you use a GPS system use Google Maps and if you had been using Google Maps they would have routed you around that traffic jam. You should have got off at I-96 and took that to I-275 south. So I called him this morning to ask him where he made it to last night and he said he was in Marysville, Ohio. Then I got thinking you must of went down US-68 from Findlay instead of following OH-15 to US-23 to go toward Columbus it's really not the wrong way to go but I don't think it's the quickest. I then told him that if I had gone with him and been driving we would have been much further down the road.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.