News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Arkansas Gets Neutered

Started by US71, January 30, 2011, 09:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Just got back from a trip to the Little Rock area for the weekend.  Looks like AHTD is beginning to shift to "neutered" Interstate shields.  I noticed several near I-30 in Benton and Bryant and a least 2 along I-40 near Clarksville (including one neutered/named combo).

A couple years ago, Arkansas had started using the "retro" Interstate shields with the smaller numbers. Now it appears they are changing again.

Your highway dollars at work.  :pan:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

cjk374

It's only because I'm forgetful that I'm saying this...I could've sworn that all of the new I-530 signage (esp. the smaller shields in Pine Bluff) were already neutered when they were 1st installed.   :confused:
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

US71

Quote from: cjk374 on January 30, 2011, 11:38:21 AM
It's only because I'm forgetful that I'm saying this...I could've sworn that all of the new I-530 signage (esp. the smaller shields in Pine Bluff) were already neutered when they were 1st installed.   :confused:

Not to my knowledge, but now I'll have to go look.

froggie

I have photos showing the shields around Pine Bluff having the state name...at least as of June 2008.

cjk374

I saw some pics of the Pine Bluff signage on someone else's site while looking up I-69 info (I think it was AARoad's interstate link site... CRAP, I forgot...AGAIN UUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!  :banghead: ).  They were not neutered.  My bad!   :pan:
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

US71

I found 2 different "Neutered" signs over the weekend

Clarksville

North Little Rock

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.