News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: Ohio
Last post by ITB - Today at 05:39:28 AM

Nice summary of the $2.8 billion Ohio is pumping into infrastructure projects this year, including a list and links to some of the major projects.
Pacific Southwest / Re: Nevada
Last post by Ted$8roadFan - Today at 05:15:50 AM
Not to get too political, but Nevada also is a term limits state, so I think legislators have little incentive to think long term.   
Sports / Re: General NBA thread
Last post by Ted$8roadFan - Today at 05:11:13 AM
Celtics exorcise the ghosts of last year and beat the Heat in 5.
Mid-South / Re: DFW Loop 9 Tollway Highway...
Last post by debragga - Today at 03:34:04 AM
Quote from: 05danper42842 on April 29, 2024, 06:41:02 PMI passed by their 3 days ago by I 35. Hopefully they finish the first phase soon. I wonder how will loop 9 connect with the outer loop at Kaufman since it looks like it won't connect. They might to add a connector or reshape the outer loop Kaufman.

Loop 9 is supposed to be pretty far west of the Kaufman Outer Loop. It'll only be in Kaufman County for a few miles around the Combine/Seagoville area and then shift back over into Dallas County again. The Outer Loop will also be north-south but it'll be somewhere between Forney and Terrell.
Off-Topic / Re: Two Different Businesses W...
Last post by CNGL-Leudimin - Today at 03:11:51 AM
Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on October 31, 2023, 04:51:01 AMI wouldn't be surprised if this happens with Netto (Danish store, "Dog Netto") and Netto Marken Discount ("Dog-less Netto", or as I know it "Cat Netto" due to an ad portraying it as a cat supermarket they ran years ago) in Germany.

Not what the OP asked for, but I've found an intersection outside Berlin where both are signed: https://www.google.com/maps/@52.3025859,13.6015,3a,75y,234.83h,86.23t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s0DjQt5F96Pv7NlIoh0jvVA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192
Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 03:11:26 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on Today at 12:18:40 AMDoesn't the Las Vegas metro area have an extremely effective water recycling system?

Yes, it does, although some loss as water cycles through the system due to evaporation, leaks, etc. is to be expected.
I thought they couldn't widen roads anymore in California because of the VMT crap.
Traffic Control / Re: Road Sign UNO
Last post by wanderer2575 - Today at 01:55:05 AM
NC-24  -->  US-24's northern (or eastern if you prefer) terminus at I-75 near Clarkston, MI:

QuoteAs the summer vacation season kicks off later this month, drivers might want to be on high alert for yet another travel-related scam, which oddly enough, relates to toll roads.  It's a scam that is heating up already this spring.

What do you do if you get a text that purports to be a message from a state toll road collection system?  And it says you owe roughly $12 now in toll fees but you must pay it immediately to avoid a $50 late penalty?  You might even be given options to Click Here to quickly pay that lingering toll with a credit card or bank transfer.

Best bet:  Don't do it.  Ignore the fake text.

All sorts of consumer watchdogs, toll road systems, and law enforcement authorities are warning about an uptick in a turnpike scam.  Consumers who are spotting these texts say they look fairly legitimate, somehow suggesting a new way of addressing toll charges.  But it's a scam.

Detroit Free Press article:  No, you did not just get a real text to pay unpaid tolls.  It's a scam.
General Highway Talk / Re: Non-freeway/tollway full-s...
Last post by Road Hog - Today at 01:33:47 AM
Define "full service." Do you mean one with a filling station and dining options, or just a pull-off with a glorified latrine, a couple of vending machines and a few picnic tables?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.