News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

New NYS License Plate Design

Started by WNYroadgeek, November 10, 2009, 09:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cu2010

Question: Are the new plates embossed like the old ones, or are they flat-screened?
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

papaT10932

Quote from: cu2010 on April 10, 2010, 10:28:56 PM
Question: Are the new plates embossed like the old ones, or are they flat-screened?

They are embossed... thank goodness.

papaT10932

NJRoadfan

I finally saw one of these on the road last night. While the color is retro, the overall design is pretty bland. The Empire plates were a nice design, too bad it didn't even last 10 years.

mightyace

Quote from: papaT10932 on April 10, 2010, 10:21:12 PM
the actual plates are ugly and very hard to read. Law enforcement is going to go nuts, I think, over these.

And traffic cams and photo tolling gantries.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Snappyjack

I saw one yesterday on the Thruway heading west. I am not impressed either. Very hard to read and the colors did not come out the way they were intended.

Mergingtraffic

CT used to have white lettering on dark blue.....very easy to read.  Now it's dark blue lettering on a light blue bkacground.

But nobody seems to complain. 
I only take pics of good looking signs. Long live non-reflective button copy!
MergingTraffic https://www.flickr.com/photos/98731835@N05/

papaT10932

Quote from: doofy103 on April 13, 2010, 12:02:19 AM
CT used to have white lettering on dark blue.....very easy to read.  Now it's dark blue lettering on a light blue bkacground.

But nobody seems to complain. 

The problem with the new NY plates is dark letters on a dark background.

Michael

I saw one last week.  It was rather far away, so I just got a glimpse of it.  My first impression: UGLY!

cu2010

I just saw one about an hour ago, close up (it was parked in a parking lot that I was walking across).  It didn't look too bad close-up (it was also partially obscured by one of those dealer plate cover thingys).  I'll have to wait to see one on the road while driving until I can make my final judgement.
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

burgess87

I'm not getting a set until I have to.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.