News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Transportation Report: Tolls needed in Jersey to kill fund loss

Started by Roadgeek Adam, February 01, 2010, 03:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

froggie

Nexis4Jersey

He Can't do that , I'm sure he wouldn't do that to his towns schools , (rich assholes)ugh , WTF is his problem , every since he got elected hes been bullying every agency and union.

~Corey

yanksfan6129

Quote from: Nexis4Jersey on February 15, 2010, 03:41:42 PM
He Can't do that , I'm sure he wouldn't do that to his towns schools , (rich assholes)ugh , WTF is his problem , every since he got elected hes been bullying every agency and union.

~Corey

Of course he would do it to the schools in his down (Mendham, which as you said, is a rich town)...After all, Christie sends all of his children to private school!

You know why he supports school vouchers and other things that hurt public schools? Because it helps him. He cares only about himself. Typical...

Nexis4Jersey

Quote from: yanksfan6129 on February 16, 2010, 12:26:44 AM
Quote from: Nexis4Jersey on February 15, 2010, 03:41:42 PM

~Corey

Of course he would do it to the schools in his down (Mendham, which as you said, is a rich town)...After all, Christie sends all of his children to private school!

You know why he supports school vouchers and other things that hurt public schools? Because it helps him. He cares only about himself. Typical...

This is sad because now, my union friends are taking massive layoffs...NJT and the Teachers union might strike.

Scott5114

Let's keep this thread focused on the report that Adam posted. If you'd like to debate Governor Christie's policies, you may start a new thread in Off-Topic about it.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Revive 755

mightyace

Quote from: Revive 755 on March 03, 2010, 12:29:40 PM
Tolling I-80 in Jersey being considered by DOT chief candidate:
http://www.northjersey.com/news/030110_Acting_NJ_transportation_commissioner_says_hed__consider_tolls_on_Route_80.html

QuoteSimpson also said turning Interstate 80 into a toll road is something the state is looking at, given what neighboring states are doing.

"Pennsylvania is moving forward to tolling roads,"  he said. "This probably will be discussed as we move forward, coming up with a new agenda"  to determine what New Jersey will do, he said.

That statement on Pennsylvania is accurate but misleading.  Pennsylvania is building new toll roads, but as of this moment, no highway has been converted to tolls.  As most of us know the I-80 decision is still up in the air.  And other proposals like US 422 near Pottstown seems to be just speculation.  What they are moving forward is the aforementioned new toll roads and getting the permission to toll existing ones.

Another question, if New Jersey seriously wants to pursue this option, is there room in the "pilot program" law that the I-80 in PA request is going through or would it take another Act of Congress?

I-80 the Rodney Dangerfield of Interstates
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

froggie

Depends on if the Feds approve I-80 PA.  If they deny it again, there's an opportunity for Jersey to snatch that spot up, which would leave PA twisting in the wind...

Alps

I-80 could not possibly be tolled east of NJ 15.  Exits are just too dense - one every mile in most places.  West of there, you could have tolls out to PA, but traffic is pretty bad out to Exit 30 now and I'm sure out to Exit 25 will happen in the near future.  This is a commuter roadway, and you're really not supposed to toll those (though states do).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.