News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Covid vaccination status?

Started by hbelkins, March 04, 2021, 09:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your covid vaccination status?

I have taken the first shot, but not yet taken the second one.
22 (16.4%)
I have taken both shots.
74 (55.2%)
I plan to take the one-dose shot when it's available in my area.
4 (3%)
My priority group is not yet eligible, but I plan to take it when I can.
16 (11.9%)
I have not had covid and I don't plan to take the shot at all.
14 (10.4%)
I've already had covid so I don't need to/don't plan to take the shot.
3 (2.2%)
I've already had covid but I do plan to take the shot.
7 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 134

ftballfan

My grandma (81 years old, lives alone, no major comorbidities) has had both shots. I took her to get her first shot in late January.

Both of my parents will be eligible in a couple of weeks (my dad is eligible now due to being 65+) and plan on getting signed up when we return from Florida at the end of the month. My grandma showed no ill effects from the shots, so I plan on signing up when I am eligible.

tidecat

Quote from: bandit957 on March 05, 2021, 05:55:55 AM
Quote from: hbelkins on March 04, 2021, 09:32:12 PM
Who has and who hasn't taken the covid shot, and who doesn't plan to take it at all?

I chose to make it three options for those who haven't taken it yet to register their choice for the one-dose or two-dose shot.

I'm in tier 1C in Kentucky because of high-risk medical conditions, but still I can't get an appointment. I hope I can get the one-dose vaccine, but I'll accept whatever is available.
I just booked one at Walmart in Winchester (about 80 miles from home for me). Probably best to check just after midnight for availability.
Clinched: I-264 (KY), I-265 (KY), I-359 (AL), I-459 (AL), I-865 (IN)

Rothman

NY either recently expanded its "comorbidity" list or I was just clueless, but I am hopefully getting my first shot today.  Check your state's eligibility requirements...
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

webny99

Quote from: Rothman on March 07, 2021, 10:33:21 AM
NY either recently expanded its "comorbidity" list or I was just clueless, but I am hopefully getting my first shot today.  Check your state's eligibility requirements...

Here's a tracker to follow NY's vaccination progress:
https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/covid-19-vaccine-tracker

Hamilton County is already up to 45.5% of the population with at least one dose, no big surprise considering the aging population up there.

Rothman

Quote from: webny99 on March 07, 2021, 01:42:39 PM
Quote from: Rothman on March 07, 2021, 10:33:21 AM

Here's a tracker to follow NY's vaccination progress:
https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/covid-19-vaccine-tracker

Hamilton County is already up to 45.5% of the population with at least one dose, no big surprise considering the aging population up there.
Got my first shot successfully.  Well-run huge site at the State Fairgrounds.

Hamilton's also between the big State-run sites in Syracuse and Potsdam, so perhaps their location and small population helped things.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

hbelkins

Quote from: tidecat on March 07, 2021, 01:20:09 AM
Quote from: bandit957 on March 05, 2021, 05:55:55 AM
Quote from: hbelkins on March 04, 2021, 09:32:12 PM
Who has and who hasn't taken the covid shot, and who doesn't plan to take it at all?

I chose to make it three options for those who haven't taken it yet to register their choice for the one-dose or two-dose shot.

I'm in tier 1C in Kentucky because of high-risk medical conditions, but still I can't get an appointment. I hope I can get the one-dose vaccine, but I'll accept whatever is available.
I just booked one at Walmart in Winchester (about 80 miles from home for me). Probably best to check just after midnight for availability.

Not sure where you live in the Bluegrass, but unless you're like me and live out in the sticks, you probably have to pass a lot of other places to drive that distance to get to Winchester.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bandit957

My first dose of the COVID vaccine is scheduled for this Friday.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

kevinb1994

Quote from: bandit957 on March 08, 2021, 09:05:53 AM
My first dose of the COVID vaccine is scheduled for this Friday.
My mother has her second dose of the Moderna vaccine scheduled for this Friday. Like when she got the first dose, it will be via the Mayo Clinic. Glad it's nearby.

I'm still unsure as to when I am supposed to be vaccinated. My dad is likely to get his sometime after the age limit is lowered.

index

Quote from: ftballfan on March 07, 2021, 12:14:11 AM
My grandma (81 years old, lives alone, no major comorbidities) has had both shots. I took her to get her first shot in late January.

Both of my parents will be eligible in a couple of weeks (my dad is eligible now due to being 65+) and plan on getting signed up when we return from Florida at the end of the month. My grandma showed no ill effects from the shots, so I plan on signing up when I am eligible.
My father only had his first shot in January and hasn't come back for his second, I don't know why. He's almost 62 and actually wasn't even supposed to get a shot when he did, they just had someone who canceled their appointment when he was at a VA medical center, and they didn't want to waste any part of the vial since it was going to spoil. My mother is in her 50s and she got fully vaccinated just recently, she was in early due to being a CNA in long-term care.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

kphoger

Quote from: index on March 09, 2021, 04:16:58 AM
My father only had his first shot in January and hasn't come back for his second, I don't know why. He's almost 62 and actually wasn't even supposed to get a shot when he did, they just had someone who canceled their appointment when he was at a VA medical center, and they didn't want to waste any part of the vial since it was going to spoil. My mother is in her 50s and she got fully vaccinated just recently, she was in early due to being a CNA in long-term care.

Isn't it still better than nothing?  On Sunday, I heard from a lady at church (who is involved in vaccinations) that the first shot provides 60-65% immunity, and the second shot takes it up to 90-95%.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

JayhawkCO

To my knowledge, whenever they give you the first dose they automatically schedule you for the second right then and there, specifically to avoid situations like this.

Chris

kphoger

Quote from: jayhawkco on March 09, 2021, 01:51:37 PM

To my knowledge, whenever they give you the first dose they automatically schedule you for the second right then and there, specifically to avoid situations like this.

It's possible the appointment was set, but the gentleman just didn't show up for it.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

1995hoo

Quote from: jayhawkco on March 09, 2021, 01:51:37 PM

Chris

That varies from state to state. It's definitely not the case here, based on what my wife and my mom said about getting their shots. My mom has had both; my wife has had the first and is waiting for a message about scheduling the second. I'm still on the waitlist.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Max Rockatansky

Apparently scheduled for my first shot on Thursday.

Scott5114

Today was the first day of eligibility for essential-services workers in Oklahoma. I am scheduled for a Pfizer appointment in Ada tomorrow afternoon–everything closer in to Oklahoma City-Norman was booked solid.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Roadgeekteen

I'll get it when I can, but I can only get one of them until my birthday in August.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

rawmustard

I got my first dose of Moderna on March 6 with the second dose scheduled for April 2. Since I'm a Department of Defense contractor, I get it through a DoD channel.

J N Winkler

I plan to receive the covid vaccine once I become eligible, and prefer Pfizer or Moderna on the basis of their higher headline efficacy numbers, though I wouldn't turn down Johnson & Johnson if it were offered.  I think the hassle of having to follow up with a second shot and the greater risk of temporarily disabling side effects are worth it for greater protection against long covid, which actually worries me more than hospitalization or death.

In late 2020, before vaccines became available under emergency use authorization, Kansas' vaccination plan used the same Phase 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, . . ., Phase 2, and Phase 3 nomenclature as the CDC and many other states.  For public-facing messaging, at least, this has been changed to a five-phase plan with the individual phases numbered 1 through 5.  Phase 1 was healthcare workers etc., while Phase 2 is ongoing and includes people 65 or older, certain economically significant workers (K-12 education, agriculture and aviation), and (controversially) prisoners.  Phases 3 and 4 are for people ages 16-64 with underlying medical conditions corresponding to two separate gradations of risk, and Phase 5 includes everyone else.   All counties are required to transition between phases at the same time.  This has meant that when some counties have finished early, they've been required to pause immunization while their vaccines are diverted elsewhere.  While this maximizes the short-term risk reduction, the optics are bad because they leave people in early-finisher counties feeling like they are being held hostage on behalf of the laggards.  Any county that attempts to start vaccinating people in later phases on its own initiative is punished by having its vaccine allocations cancelled.  Kansas reliably has per-capita vaccination numbers in the bottom ten among US states; this has been blamed on data-entry lags, with unclear explanations as to why these seem to affect us more than other states.

We have been told that the transition to Phase 3 will likely occur in the last week of this month or the first week of April.  Sedgwick County is planning to open a second vaccination clinic and offer a choice between Pfizer/Moderna on the one hand and Johnson & Johnson on the other.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: rawmustard on March 10, 2021, 12:53:21 PM
I got my first dose of Moderna on March 6 with the second dose scheduled for April 2. Since I'm a Department of Defense contractor, I get it through a DoD channel.

Same thing with me, it's all been arranged by the DOD since I run an essential department.

Scott5114

I got the my first Pfizer dose at 3pm. I didn't feel the needle at all–the nurse instructed me to let my arm hang loose, I felt her do the alcohol swab, then it felt like she was swabbing again, and I looked over and that second swab was her putting on a bandage. I felt a little nauseous for the first few minutes after I got the shot, but I'm not sure that it had anything to do with the shot; could have been the gas-station chicken nuggets I got on the way out of Norman.

As of 9:30pm I feel like someone punched me in the arm, but I don't have any other side effects.

My wife got vaccinated at the same time. While she was in the 15-minute observation period, her phone rang. It was someone calling from a place she had interviewed with to tell her they were formally offering her a job! We spent the rest of the afternoon joking that she had to have had the most unique side effect from the vaccine possible.

I tried connecting to the internet and posting to the forum through my brain a few times, but it didn't work, so I can sadly report the vaccine does not, in fact, contain 5G.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 10, 2021, 10:39:09 PM
I got the my first Pfizer dose at 3pm. I didn't feel the needle at all–the nurse instructed me to let my arm hang loose, I felt her do the alcohol swab, then it felt like she was swabbing again, and I looked over and that second swab was her putting on a bandage. I felt a little nauseous for the first few minutes after I got the shot, but I'm not sure that it had anything to do with the shot; could have been the gas-station chicken nuggets I got on the way out of Norman.

As of 9:30pm I feel like someone punched me in the arm, but I don't have any other side effects.

My wife got vaccinated at the same time. While she was in the 15-minute observation period, her phone rang. It was someone calling from a place she had interviewed with to tell her they were formally offering her a job! We spent the rest of the afternoon joking that she had to have had the most unique side effect from the vaccine possible.

I tried connecting to the internet and posting to the forum through my brain a few times, but it didn't work, so I can sadly report the vaccine does not, in fact, contain 5G.

What about Lizard People DNA?  I could use club level access to the underground headquarters of the New World Order at Denver International Airport. 

Scott5114

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 10, 2021, 10:44:20 PM
I could use club level access to the underground headquarters of the New World Order at Denver International Airport. 

I already have access to that as a forum admin.

D-Dey65

I got my one shot today at Tampa Greyhound Track.

I'm starting to regret it momentarily.

Rothman

Quote from: D-Dey65 on March 10, 2021, 11:31:40 PM

Something's off with the verb tenses here. :D

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 10, 2021, 10:39:09 PM

I've heard you need to keep moving your arm ALL THE TIME to help with that.

Quote from: Rothman on March 11, 2021, 07:21:03 AM

Quote from: D-Dey65 on March 10, 2021, 11:31:40 PM

Something's off with the verb tenses here. :D

Perhaps poor grammar is a side-effect?

My wife gets her first shot later today, at a church across town.  No clue when I'll be eligible.
Male pronouns, please.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.