News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Commodore Barry Bridge

Started by Ian, February 17, 2009, 07:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Okay. This past Sunday, I took a trip down to Wilmington Delaware and then back to Chester and Marcus Hook, PA to get some photos of really neat signals in that area. Now I ended up underneath the Commodore Barry Bridge which carries US 322 from Chester, PA to south New Jersey. When I was under it, I saw some intense construction was going on: they were wither widening it or they were building a new side to it!! Anyone know anything about this??

Thanks!
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Alex

Yes, it should be for the new MLS soccer stadium, where the new Philadelphia franchise will play.

Alex

Ground broke in December for the 20,000-seat Major League Soccer stadium. The new Philadelphia franchise will begin play in 2010 and is indeed adjacent to the Commodore Barry Bridge.

http://www.kyw1060.com/pages/3412427.php?
http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20080228&content_id=140965&vkey=pr_mls&fext=.jsp

Alps

Quote from: froggie on February 18, 2009, 06:15:47 AM
I was on the Commodore Barry Bridge Thursday evening. No sign of construction on the bridge itself.

Given the nature of the main span, it'd kinda be tough to widen it to begin with...

Traffic volumes do not warrant doing anything to this bridge. A great way, by the way, to bypass messes at the Del. Mem. on weekends.

yanksfan6129

I heard, I think, that they were building new ramps to access the Philly waterfront.

njroadhorse

Quote from: yanksfan6129 on May 26, 2009, 08:58:27 AM
I heard, I think, that they were building new ramps to access the Philly waterfront.
I believe that's the plan with the new soccer stadium being built there
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.