News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Lanes

Started by sonysnob, August 18, 2009, 09:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonysnob

Post Pix of big-a$$ roads.

Dan Ryan, Chicago

I-96, Detroit

Mergingtraffic

I-84 East Hartford, CT

(NE Roads)
I only take pics of good looking signs. Long live non-reflective button copy!
MergingTraffic https://www.flickr.com/photos/98731835@N05/

Michael

One of the widest highways I've been on is the QEW in Hamilton, Ontario:

Credit: david vincent johnson on Panoramio

edit: one of the widest images we've ever had, too! ;)  please put "img width=800" inside the brackets so that the screen doesn't stretch.

^^ Sorry about that!  I'm usually better about the width!

Truvelo

How about this one in NJ :colorful:

Click on picture to enlarge
Speed limits limit life

Crewdawg

deathtopumpkins

The obligatory Ontario Highway 401 picture:
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

Marc

I-10 Katy Freeway (Houston, TX):

Chris

Amazing.

I wonder how long it takes before the Katy gets backed-up again at the current growth rate of the Houston metropolitan area though.

njroadhorse

There is the GSP and US 9 at the Driscoll Bridge, but I can't seem to find a decent shot of it.
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

Marc

QuoteAmazing.

I wonder how long it takes before the Katy gets backed-up again at the current growth rate of the Houston metropolitan area though.

It gets backed up all ready. I was in traffic on it just two nights ago.

florida

I love the QEW picture, how they kept the old bridge alongside the new one. Beautiful.
So many roads...so little time.

Michael

^^ I've seen better "clones" before.  One example is the set of Grand Island Bridges in Buffalo.  See them on Flickr.  The originals were built in 1935.  The south one was twinned in 1962, the north in 1965.

Alex

Looking south from the 17th Street Bridge in Atlanta

BigMattFromTexas

Chris

Personally, I don't count exit only lanes as "lanes" for the freeway. I'd like to count the through lanes to determine a freeway width. Over 12 through lanes is pretty rare.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.