Anybody have upcoming road trips?

Started by DrZoidberg, February 11, 2009, 07:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrZoidberg

Does anybody plan on hitting the road in the near future?  Where are you going, and how are you getting there?

I'm doing a southern California road trip in mid March, to see my wife's family in Irvine and of course, hit Disneyland for my daughter.  From Portland, the route I'm planning on taking is.

I-5 south to Grants Pass.  US 199 to US 101 in Crescent City, CA, and down US 101 to CA 1 to San Luis Obispo, and then US 101 into LA, and (shudders) 405 south to Irvine.

Going back....I-5 north all the way.  :nod:
"By the way...I took the liberty of fertilizing your caviar."

yanksfan6129

A mini-roadtrip tomorrow is on my agenda. I'll be taking 287 up the NYS Thruway, north to the Northway (I-87). Will get off somewhere between exit 20-24.

corco

As soon as the roads clear I'll be taking a 500 mile drive to clinch all of Goshen, Platte, and Laramie counties in Wyoming.

jgb191

Nothing planned for the future yet, but I can tell you the two longest road trips I've ever done within a 24-hour span....

The longest was in August 2004, a 966-mile long drive from Corpus Christi, TX to Kansas City, MO
-- Left Corpus Christi around 4 AM and arrived in Kansas City around 7 PM.
-- Five fuel stops: Corpus Christi (TX), Austin (TX), Gainesville (TX), Wichita (KS), and Kansas City (MO).
-- Breakfast stop in Austin (Chick-Fil-A) and lunch in Gainesville (Burger King).

The second longest was 827 miles from Brownsville, TX to El Paso, TX in November 2006
-- Four fuel Stops in Kingsville (TX), Kerrville (TX), Fort Stockton (TX), and Fabens (TX) and lunch in Kerrville McDonalds.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Voyager

I'm going to Mount Shasta next month if that counts as one.
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

DrZoidberg

I just completed my southern California road trip.  The trip down was great, as for heading home to Portland....let's just say I forgot how boring a stretch of highway I-5 is from north of the Grapevine to Sacramento!  :banghead:

Chris

I'm gonna take this route on May 30th and 31st. I'm not the kind of guy who takes the shortest route, as you can see  :biggrin:

Then I'm gonna drive around Switzerland, and maybe go somewhere else for the last week, but I'm not sure where, the initial plan was to go to western France, 800 miles to the west, but I'm not sure now.

mightyace

I just did mine last weekend going from Nashville to Bristol and back (via Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains Natl. Park) going to/from the NASCAR race.  (about a 700 mile round trip not counting side trips)

Sat 3/21
I-40 East (plus I-75 north)
US 441 South to Pidgeon Forge

Sunday
US 441 North
TN 66 North
I-40 East
I-81 North
detour to US 11E/US 321 via TN 93 and TN 81
US 11E/US 321 North
US 321 North to Elizabethton
US 19E North
US 11E/19 North
Bristol Motor Speedway
back roads to US 19E South
US 321 South
US 11E/US 321 South to Greenville
US 321 South
I-40 West
US 411 South
US 441 South

Monday
US 441 South to NC Border and return to Pidgeon Forge via Gatlinburg bypass and US 441 north to Knoxville
I-40 West
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

AZDude

When I take my trips I like going one way and coming back another way.

In June I plan on taking a roughly 4000 mile trip.

I-10 West (In Tempe) to CA 210/I-210.
CA 210/I-210 West to I-5.
I-5 North to the last exit in the U.S. then drop back south to I-90.
I-90 East to I-25.
I-25 South to I-10.
I-10 West back to Tempe.

Got a little preview of what the path looks like thanks to AARoads!

yanksfan6129

I just came back from a day road trip

1. I-287 South
2. I-78 West
3. I-476 South
4. I-76 South
5. I-676 East
6. Various NJ State Highways
7. NJ Turnpike North
8. NJ 3 West
9. US 46 West
10. I-80 West

Scott5114

Last roadtrip I did was to South Haven KS to clinch US 177.

The biggest roadtrips I have planned will be to have a Kansas City trip sometime this spring, and then the trip to Waukesha, Wisconsin for catofdar's wedding in June. I'll probably have a few daytrips to clinch random stuff sometime in between there though.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

US71

I just got back from a trip to southern Mississippi. I drove down via I-40 to I-30 then I-530 to Pine Bluff. US 65 to Lake Village, US 82 to Leland, MS then US 61 to Vicksburg, old US 80 to Jackson then US 49 to Hattieburg.
Return trip was 49 to Gulfport, US 90 to 190, 190 to Baton Rouge, then US 61 to Memphis. Returning home via I-40.

I've got bunches of photos I'll be loading on to Flickr.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

corco

I think I'm driving to Kansas City next weekend for some Steak 'n Shake. Nothing fancy, just taking I-80 to I-29 to I-70 to I-25. I don't have time to avoid the interstates which would normally be the preference

njroadhorse

Big road trip to Myrtle Beach, with a new camera.  Not going til Easter weekend though.
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

US71

Steak & Shake in Kansas City? Blasphemy! You want Gates BBQ or a Winstead's burger.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

corco

I've never spent any time in Kansas City, but I do know one thing. A Steak 'n Shake craving can not be filled by anything but Steak 'n Shake, and the closest one is in Kansas City (well, there is one in Topeka, but if I go the extra 30 miles to KC I can do the full I-80/I-70 loop)

akotchi

Family vacation to Hilton Head in July.  Stopping in Baltimore first for international soccer match (AC Milan/Chelsea).  Still working up a route.  I like doing different routes down and back as well.
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

PAHighways

I'm going down to Raleigh to see the Penguins/Hurricanes game next weekend.  Probably going via US 15 through Virgina to get more counties.

MIRoadMan

next weekend going to Clearwater fl. and going through Gatlinburg Tn. and the smoky mountains on the way down.

SSOWorld

up to northern WI next weekend, taking the "scenic route" which will clinch US 61 in WI and the rest of US 53.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

PAHighways

Quote from: froggie on March 29, 2009, 08:35:41 AM
QuoteProbably going via US 15 through Virgina to get more counties.

Plan on a slow trip.

Yeah, I've already experienced some of 15 through there.

Sykotyk

This year I plan on at least two trips. One to clinch the last six counties of Ohio that I still have yet to hit (that should be a day trip, unless I venture into Michigan or Indiana). And my big trip is going to be renting a car from Salt Lake City, visiting Goblin Valley State Park, and Gooseneck State Park, along with the Dugway. Clinch the last five counties, and venture through Colorado's western half to clinch that state as well. And if time works out, maybe clinch a few of the isolated New Mexico counties I still need (namely, Los Alamos).

Sykotyk

DrZoidberg

Quoteup to northern WI next weekend, taking the "scenic route" which will clinch US 61 in WI and the rest of US 53.

Whereabouts in northern WI? I used to vacation a lot in a town up there called St. Germain in Vilas County.  Lots of great places to fish...

SSOWorld

Rhinelander.  I've been almost everywhere in that sector though
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

cjk374

Sometime in June I plan on going to Carey, NC to visit my sister.  The route as of now:
I-20 to I-59 north.
I-59 to I-40 east.
Now here is where I could use some opinions...stay on 40 or catch US 64?
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.