News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

WWB Bike/Ped lane now open

Started by froggie, June 06, 2009, 11:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

froggie

Opened up quietly right after lunch today after an invitation-only opening ceremony.  I was in the right spot and was one of the first bikers across the bridge.

'Course, doesn't connect to much on the Maryland side.  The connection to National Harbor is still under construction.

126 photos later, a blog entry and photo page are now up.

deathtopumpkins

Nice photos froggie. That looks like it would be a very neat ride if I ever get the chance...

Though I have a question. In this picture, what is the purpose of the walk signal?
http://www.vahighways.com/photos/wwb/bike-ped/images/wwb08.jpg
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

Chris

Nice cycling paths, almost Dutch if it wasn't for the yellow markings.

74/171FAN

They even marked the MD-DC and I believe the VA-DC line as well on there.  :colorful: Too bad that I can't bike on this at 4:30 A.M. later this month :-|
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.