User Content > Road Trips

NWI_Irish96's Regional Trips (IL/KY/OH)

<< < (3/5) > >>

NWI_Irish96:
Date: November 13, 2022

Route: I-80 west, I-57 south/north, BL I-57 north, US 60/62 east, US 51 north/south, US 60 east, I-24 east, I-69 north, Western KY Pkwy east, I-65 north

New counties visited in Illinois: Union, Pulaski, Alexander
New counties visited in Missouri: Mississippi, Scott
New counties visited in Kentucky: Ballard, McCracken, Marshall, Livingston, Lyon, Caldwell, Muhlenberg

Routes clinched: I-57, BL I-57 Charleston, Western Kentucky Parkway

Other new route segments traveled: US 62 from I-57 to US 51/60, US 60 from I-57 to I-24, US 51 from I-57 to US 60/62, I-69 from I-24 to I-169

Summary: Been pushing my mileage on I-57 farther and farther south for a while now and finally finished it off. I-57 is the 3rd longest interstate I've clinched, behind I-65 and I-74, slotting in ahead of I-8. Also got the Mississippi and Ohio River bridges at Cairo (what a depressing place!), plus some more mileage on I-24 and I-69. On the county side, I'm now only 5 away from finishing off Illinois, and hit 50% for Kentucky.

JoePCool14:
I'm slightly jealous that you have the opportunity to clinch so much. My job is less than an hour away. Needless to say, there's nothing to clinch on that route! Then again, I'm sure the wallet isn't too happy given fuel prices.

kphoger:
FYI, in case you're looking for an off-the-beaten-path route between I-57 and I-24, the county roads shown here make for some interesting driving.

NWI_Irish96:

--- Quote from: JoePCool14 on November 15, 2022, 11:51:26 AM ---I'm slightly jealous that you have the opportunity to clinch so much. My job is less than an hour away. Needless to say, there's nothing to clinch on that route! Then again, I'm sure the wallet isn't too happy given fuel prices.

--- End quote ---

My preference would be to only have to go down to my office 3-4 times per quarter as opposed to every two weeks, and it may yet shift back that way, but while I have to do it I'm going to make the most of it. Yes, it costs me about an extra $50-60 in gas as opposed to the most direct route, but I'm getting a lot of clinching done that I might not otherwise get to.

--- Quote from: kphoger on November 15, 2022, 11:59:08 AM ---FYI, in case you're looking for an off-the-beaten-path route between I-57 and I-24, the county roads shown here make for some interesting driving.

--- End quote ---

I will make note of that, but the next time I'm down that way, clinching I-24 is the priority and I won't have enough time for that much of a side trip.

NWI_Irish96:
Date: December 4, 2023

Route: I-80 west, I-57 south, I-24 east, BL I-24 east, I-24 west, US 45 north, BUS US 45 north, US 45 north, I-24 east, US 62 east, KY 295 north/south, US 62 west, I-24 east, I-169 north, Western KY Pkwy east, I-65 north

New county visited in Illinois: Massac
New counties visited in Kentucky: Crittenden, Trigg

Routes clinched: I-24, BL I-24 (Paducah), BUS US 45 (Paducah), BUS US 60 (Paducah), KY 273

Other new route segments traveled: US 45 from I-24 to BUS US 45 and from BUS US 45 to I-24, US 62 from I-24 to KY 295, KY 295 from US 62 to KY 70

Summary: Last county in southern Illinois visited. I-24 clinched along with the business routes in Paducah. Also made a side trip to get Crittenden County.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version