Regional Boards > Mid-South

I-49 in Arkansas

<< < (764/764)

Road Hog:

--- Quote from: O Tamandua on October 13, 2022, 08:31:36 PM ---The "3 Bs" of Arkansas I-49:

1. The Bella Vista Bypass (counting it as one "B"  :-D, complete)
2. The Bridge (over the Arkansas River - starting, however modestly)
3. The Big one (Greenwood-Texarkana, Greenwood-Y City 2-lane funding allocated(?), after that, ?)

--- End quote ---
4. ???
5. PROFIT!

MikieTimT:

--- Quote from: US71 on October 13, 2022, 09:21:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: msunat97 on October 13, 2022, 03:36:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: MikieTimT on October 12, 2022, 11:29:37 AM ---I think this "groundbreaking" is just for the grubbing and clearing from AR-22 to H Street toward the river as that's all that's the only project budgeted for the next year.  My guess is that we're going to have lots of groundbreaking ceremonies at this rate before we get 2 lanes across the river and up to I-40.

--- End quote ---
You are 100% correct

--- End quote ---

But it's a start, so give ARDOT at least some credit

--- End quote ---

True, but if it takes more than a couple of years to progress to the southern bridge approach with actual roadbed (Draft STIP isn't clear on what "project development" entails), they'll wind up clearing it again the way vegetation grows in Arkansas everywhere that isn't in the mountains.  I grew up in the river valley, so I know how fast brush can creep back up if it isn't kept mowed.  Pretty much everything can grow there that isn't tropical.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version