Road pictures from unusual vantage points

Started by kphoger, June 08, 2013, 04:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

I'll start with some from underneath Wichita's Canal Route.

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Alex

I shot this through a notch in the wall of Fort Condé in downtown Mobile.

mefailenglish

xcellntbuy

empirestate

KEVIN_224

Albany, NY, fairly close to their outdated bus terminal. Still a few blocks away from the Times Union Center on South Pearl Street. :)

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

CentralCAroadgeek

Taken from the bike trail next to Lighthouse Ave. in Monterey

xcellntbuy

Quote from: empirestate on June 09, 2013, 12:07:27 PM
The underside of US 20:

Walked under those many South Mall Arterial bridges many, many times.  On a rainy or snowy day, it was a great umbrella.

formulanone

I-380 in Cedar Rapids:

I also get a fair number of photos from my airplane window seat:

Edit: dead links

KEVIN_224

Three years later and I'm still trying to remember what bridge this was:

I do know that's the Hudson River, fairly close to Albany, NY. Our Southwest Airlines plane was starting to lower, before making its final approach towards BDL (Bradley International) in Windsor Locks, CT.

Now this picture is one I had captioned before, so I know this one is correct:

From L to R is US Route 20. The top to bottom road is Indiana Route 912, which is the city line for Gary (left) and Hammond (right). Picture taken on July 24, 2010. Our Southwest Airlines plane was lowering for its approach to MDW (Midway Airport) in Chicago. The view is roughly south-southwest.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

KEVIN_224

@ NE2 and EMPIRESTATE: Thank you! I thought it was the Amtrak bridge between Rensselaer and Albany at first, but then ruled that out, knowing that the Dunn Memorial Bridge to its south would be obvious. :)

wphiii

Quote from: Alex on June 08, 2013, 06:17:16 PM

I shot this through a notch in the wall of Fort Condé in downtown Mobile.

In that vein...

Rock Creek Parkway from Q St NW

wphiii

Alps

www.alpsroads.net/roads/dc/us_29/

First several photos taken from the top of a building at Georgetown that only certain graduate students can access.

AsphaltPlanet

rock-cuts beside highways are a favourite spot for me to take pictures:
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

formulanone

Georgia State Road 279 (Old National Highway)...coming in for a landing:

Edit: same photo, new url.

AsphaltPlanet

Another rock cut photo.  This is Autoroute 50 at the Rouge River in Quebec:

AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

Dr Frankenstein

Thousand Islands Bridge, Canadian span (ON 137), from the St. Lawrence River.

More: http://alpsroads.net/roads/on/on_137/

I also have photos of the U.S. span (I-81) from the same day, but I don't think any of those have been put online.

CanesFan27

agentsteel53

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

kphoger

US-65 in Branson, Missouri, looking south
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

hbelkins

Quote from: formulanone on June 10, 2013, 06:32:42 PM

I was going to ask where this was, and guess it was I-79's crossing of the Ohio River, then I saw the name of the pic when I quoted your post, and that hunch was confirmed.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.