News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

AHTD does the Chop

Started by US71, August 22, 2011, 09:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

AHTD has been chopping up more state highways. The latest is AR 72 which runs from Maysville to US 62 east of Pea Ridge.

3-4 years ago, 72 was rerouted around downtown Bentonville along J street (formerly AR 112), AR 102 and Business US 71.  I noticed this weekend that WB 72 now ends at the US 71 freeway and begins again at Business 71. There are a couple scattered trailblazers, but mostly for EB traffic. 

Ideally, if Bentonville doesn't want traffic downtown, then AHTD should have rerouted 72 along US 71 south to AR 102, west to Business 71, then back north to Central Ave /AR 72. But then, AHTD doesn't like co-signing "lesser" routes with main roads.

I can understand trying to keep trucks off the downtown Square, but why not reroute 72 rather than simply deleting 3 miles of it?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.