News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

2023 TxDOT UTP

Started by MaxConcrete, July 08, 2022, 07:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In_Correct

kernals12 seems to be from Suburban Boston, which explains why the comments do not make much sense. I think the source of confusion is that Suburban Boston has a fully developed Infrastructure as well as a declining population.

This is about TXDOT. Most areas of Texas in particular has an overwhelming amount of traffic which should have been addressed 30 Years Ago. U.S. 287 can and should be easily upgraded through Decatur. South Decatur is mostly Parking Lots that would need to be redesigned. The only building that must be relocated is Lone Star Inn. North of that, there is an Interchange with F.M. 51 Hale Avenue. However, between this Interchange and the Interchange with U.S. 380 is multiple smaller properties that is currently not in the way ... If they do not address that section NOW the only solution would be the type of Elevated Interchange as seen in Wichita Falls.

Or it might end up as bad as the situation in Valley View:

https://ftp.txdot.gov/pub/txdot/get-involved/wfs/i35ea/071920-schematic.pdf

A result of Selfish Peoples, TXDOT no longer provides construction for new Grade Separations to B.N.S.F. Rail Lines east of the Interstate 35. If there were more meetings for every Stake Holder instead of meetings to accommodate Selfish Peoples, TXDOT would know that they could and should elevate the North Bound Frontage Road as well as raise the height of the Carriageway Bridges to accommodate Grade Separations over B.N.S.F. instead of accommodating Selfish Peoples.

The Very Basic Essence Of Highway And Rail Infrastructure must be taken very seriously. I had researched if it is possible to easily attend during each week at University four hours away one way by driving on the Highways or if it is even possible to ride by using Vanpools, Greyhound, and Amtrak. At best it takes twice as long. At worst it takes overnight. And now Very Simple Fundamentals Of Construction is as slow as expanding Public Transportation. If they actually expand the Capacity, it would take even less than four hours.

Perhaps The Beautiful Toll Roads can be constructed as we wait for Non Toll Roads to be constructed.
Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

Bobby5280

Quote from: In_Correctkernals12 seems to be from Suburban Boston, which explains why the comments do not make much sense. I think the source of confusion is that Suburban Boston has a fully developed Infrastructure as well as a declining population.

The overall route design of the Interstate highway network is very biased to the Northeastern US. Not only does the Northeast US have by far the highest concentration of Interstate routes (and other non-Interstate super highways), it also has the most routes extending out from that region. The Northeast US has a multitude of North-South and East-West Interstates. It also has multiple diagonal routes. The Southern US has the next highest concentration of routes, including an abundance of diagonal routes.

When you get out to Texas and points farther West the distance between Interstate highways grows very large. Driving I-40, it's about 200 miles between the intersections with I-55, I-65 and I-75 within Tennessee. It's over 500 miles between I-35 in OKC and I-25 in Albuquerque.

Texas doesn't have a densely packed network of Interstates and other super highways like the Eastern half of the US and especially not the Northeast. But there is a hell of a lot of people living in and moving to the Texas Triangle region of cities. With the rapid growth of the DFW region I don't it's out of question to say it's necessary to upgrade US-287 to Interstate standards. That's overdue. US-380 from Decatur over to Greenville is another corridor that needs to be built up to full Interstate standards. And I would even go so far to say US-82 from Henrietta over to near Texarkana is another that's going to have to be upgraded as a relief route around DFW. Other routes elsewhere within the Texas Triangle need upgrading, like US-290 and TX-71 between Austin and Houston. TX-6 is another important corridor. A couple routes to the North and East of San Antonio need attention. This is a consequence of a great deal of population migration.

Quote from: In_CorrectU.S. 287 can and should be easily upgraded through Decatur. South Decatur is mostly Parking Lots that would need to be redesigned. The only building that must be relocated is Lone Star Inn. North of that, there is an Interchange with F.M. 51 Hale Avenue. However, between this Interchange and the Interchange with U.S. 380 is multiple smaller properties that is currently not in the way ... If they do not address that section NOW the only solution would be the type of Elevated Interchange as seen in Wichita Falls.

I think the situation in Decatur is more complicated.

Lone Star Inn is by itself on the West side of US-287, but there is a bunch of stuff built up too close to the highway on the East side. US-287 would need to shift its alignment to make room for freeway main lanes and continuous frontage roads. Lone Star Inn stands in the way of that.

The biggest mess is all that trash just South of the US-380 interchange. On both sides of the highway all kinds of stuff is built right up onto the roadway. Much of that would have to be cleared. That crap sits on a kind of hilltop, which kind of eliminates the option to elevate a new freeway above that clutter. Plus, space will eventually have to be cleared anyway for a US-287/US-380 freeway to freeway interchange.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.