News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Austin, TX Meet - November 2, 2024

Started by okroads, January 14, 2024, 04:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okroads

I was looking through the current road meet schedule for 2024 and there are not many within a 12 hour drive of central Oklahoma.

With that in mind, I am thinking about hosting my first ever meet. I am proposing a meet in the Austin, Texas area in the fall (think September to November time frame). I already have a few things on my list to see, including the 130 Tollway (mainly the 85 mph speed limit section), IH 35 double decker, Pennybacker Bridge overlook on Loop 360, South Congress Bridge (the "bat bridge") and tollway construction progress (183A northwest of Austin is the main project I am aware of). No guarantees that there would be time for everything but am open to other suggestions.

As for specific dates, the best dates I can find during that time (without a UT home football game or F1 race) are September 7 (not personally a big fan of this date as it is still pretty hot at that time), October 5, October 26, and November 2.

okroads

I am setting the date for this meet to be Saturday, November 2. I do not want to interfere with the Orlando meet already set for October 5, and October 26 will not work for me after all, so that leaves November 2 as the best option.

More information to come in the next several months but wanted to get the date set for those who want to start planning a trip to central Texas!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.