News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

One Movement Only - Does it Exist Anywhere Else?

Started by nwi_navigator_1181, March 12, 2013, 01:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beeper1

There is an interchange on I-295 between Freeport and Bunswick, ME that is on/off for only the NB side of 295, with no connection with the SB lanes at all.  It connects to US-1 which is paralell to the interstate next to the NB lanes.   

NE2

Quote from: Beeper1 on December 04, 2013, 11:37:16 PM
There is an interchange on I-295 between Freeport and Bunswick, ME that is on/off for only the NB side of 295, with no connection with the SB lanes at all.  It connects to US-1 which is paralell to the interstate next to the NB lanes.   
That's a two-movement RIRO. US 50-301 east of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge is full of them, sometimes with nearby overpasses and sometimes not.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

spmkam

NE2

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

spmkam

But the more obvious entrance point is from a different spot.

NE2

Quote from: spmkam on December 05, 2013, 02:47:13 PM
Not if you're coming from the northwest side of I-95. Look at it as a single two-way road, Memorial/River/Cedar, intersecting I-95, and it's a 6-ramp parclo.

Alps

Quote from: NE2 on December 05, 2013, 03:14:28 PM
Not if you're coming from the northwest side of I-95. Look at it as a single two-way road, Memorial/River/Cedar, intersecting I-95, and it's a 6-ramp parclo.

I'd count it as a one-movement.

NE2

The grade separation at Memorial and North puts it clearly in the 'part of the same interchange' category for me.

Brandon

Quote from: Steve on December 05, 2013, 07:02:35 PM
Quote from: NE2 on December 05, 2013, 03:14:28 PM

I'd count it as a one-movement.

It's somewhat similar to the I-88 westbound entrance ramp off Butterfield Road (IL-56) in Downers Grove, Illinois.  It's a one-movement only ramp (due to the distance away from Highland Avenue), but functions also as the entrance for Highland Avenue as well.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Kacie Jane

I found this by accident on Google looking for something for the "closed exits" thread, but the ramps I was thinking of have since been demolished.

But the West Seattle Bridge as an EB-off-only for 4th Ave S. https://goo.gl/maps/BCQ1A

Also, just northeast of there, I-5 has a SB-off-only for Forest Street.

pianocello

The northern junction between I-69 and I-469 in Fort Wayne strikes me as odd, simply because of the one long ramp to Auburn Rd from 469. To get from 69 to Auburn, or to get from Auburn to 69 or 469, traffic would have to use the nearby interchange with Dupont Rd.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

vtk

I think there's a hospital at the end of that ramp
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

yakra

At kilometer 179 of NB1, the old alignment of NB1 was left in place to serve as a WB onramp.
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

NE2

Quote from: yakra on January 02, 2014, 11:19:47 PM
At kilometer 179 of NB1, the old alignment of NB1 was left in place to serve as a WB onramp.
Much like old NY 17 at I-287. Which has probably been mentioned in this thread (and is close enough to other interchanges that it's arguably not a separate interchange).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.