News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

US/State mixup shield error signs

Started by hotdogPi, August 17, 2016, 07:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotdogPi

As of this post, the Erroneous Road Signs thread has 161 pages (I use the default of 25 posts per page), and it will just continue to grow. To reduce its rate of growth, errors that are solely US/state route mixups go here instead of in the Erroneous Road Signs and Worst of Road Signs threads.

Something similar was done a few years ago when "Unique, Odd, or Interesting Signs" was created to reduce the number that went into the Worst of Road Signs thread.

If you recently posted in any of these threads with a US/state mixup, you may move the post to here by deleting the other one and pasting the content in this thread. (It doesn't have to be recent, but I'm assuming that the more recent ones will be more easily found.)

In addition to posting US/state mixups, you can post your opinion on whether this thread is necessary, at least for the first few pages.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

epzik8

Quarryville, Pennsyvlania, the PA-222 shield should be U.S. 222.

Montgomery County, Maryland, MD-29 shield that should be U.S. 29.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

dgolub

Should be NY 22:

Should be US 202:

Should be US 9:

Should be US 9W:

WillWeaverRVA

Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

hotdogPi

texaskdog

Wish I could find my picture of the UTAH STATE 191 signs at the entrance of Canyonlands NP

paulthemapguy

This is a great idea for a thread.  These take up a large proportion of the "sign errors" in the titular thread.

Ohio 38 in Marysville

IMG_3404 by Paul Drives, on Flickr
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

7/8

^ And here I thought that US 38 was decommissioned ;)

MASTERNC

Another US 202 error shield, this one in Delaware.  Unfortunately this isn't the only one on the section that should be US 202 (there is a DE 202 south of I-95, but this is north of I-95).

This is actually linked from a 2013 post

jmd41280

"Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around!"

kphoger

Quote from: 1 on August 17, 2016, 07:04:09 AM
post your opinion on whether this thread is necessary, at least for the first few pages.

Quote from: NE2 on August 17, 2016, 10:05:08 AM
Thank you! Please use this ghetto.

Hear, hear!
Absolutely necessary!
Thank you!
Exclamation point!
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

jmd41280

I-77/81 at Max Meadows, VA - Sign should be VA 121

Sign Fail by Jon Dawson, on Flickr

hbelkins

The pictures I got of that US 121 sign last week were badly backlit.  :banghead:

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jmd41280

Quote from: hbelkins on August 20, 2016, 09:49:03 PM
The pictures I got of that US 121 sign last week were badly backlit.  :banghead:

Don't feel bad.  Mine is obviously out of focus.  In other news, the US 121 sign is still up over 4 yrs since I took the photo!

paulthemapguy

On US12 just west of I-5 near Chehalis, Washington.  Crossposted from take-it-yourself challenge thread.

IMG_3830 by Paul Drives, on Flickr
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

jbnati27

OK, I'll recycle my recently spotted and posted sign fail here. Should be US50, not Ohio state route 50. This is brand new after some road construction.

It's not just Ohio, and it seems like this happens much more than it should. In this case, Ohio does not duplicate routes, too. I guess it doesn't bother other people as much as it bothers me. :banghead:

SectorZ

Rothman

US 394 in Jamestown, NY.  There was a US 60 shield (for NY 60) somewhere in the vicinity as well.

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: jmd41280 on August 20, 2016, 11:42:24 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on August 20, 2016, 09:49:03 PM

Don't feel bad.  Mine is obviously out of focus.  In other news, the US 121 sign is still up over 4 yrs since I took the photo!

I think that was posted back in the early 00's.  I remember seeing it so many times on trips to/from Florida, but almost never could get a photo of it because it would always be night time when I would be traveling that direction on I-77/I-81.  I did finally snag a photo of it back on 03/31/06 with my original digital camera.  So, at a minimum, that error's been around for over 10 years.

myosh_tino

^^^ I can't see any of the pictures posted by Hoss.
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

hotdogPi

Quote from: myosh_tino on September 02, 2016, 07:25:04 PM

I can't, either. I thought at first that it was caused my UMass Lowell blocking websites, but I'm at home, and it's still blocked.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: 1 on September 02, 2016, 07:30:52 PM

I can't, either. I thought at first that it was caused my UMass Lowell blocking websites, but I'm at home, and it's still blocked.

It looks like he's hosting them on his Google Drive account, and if you have your own Google account logged into on your browser, you can see them.  Otherwise you can't. :/

hotdogPi

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on September 03, 2016, 04:49:23 AM
Quote from: 1 on September 02, 2016, 07:30:52 PM

It looks like he's hosting them on his Google Drive account, and if you have your own Google account logged into on your browser, you can see them.  Otherwise you can't. :/

My Google account is logged in right now. It still won't show.

dgolub

NY 114 southbound on Shelter Island, erroneously marked as US 114:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.