News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Missing users

Started by snowc, March 03, 2022, 10:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod Hootenanny

I could die and no one on here would notice.  :ded:
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on March 04, 2022, 09:13:43 AM

But would people notice dead cats?

snowc

Quote from: hbelkins on March 03, 2022, 02:13:15 PM
I'm very much alive, I've just been battling a sinus infection from Louisville and haven't feel like forum-ing too much.
Yay! Welcome back!
So sorry for the sinus infection.  :-(

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 04, 2022, 09:15:08 AM
Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on March 04, 2022, 09:13:43 AM

But would people notice dead cats?
From what I've seen, yes.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

roadman65

No one misses that diesel mechanic from Chicago.  :bigass:

I remember how everyday he would find someone to argue with and the amount of threads he had locked by moderators was astronomical.  Then his hypotenuse in Chicago was the real getter as he was so obsessed in getting that one done.  Oh and something he said about the Edens Spur was very argumentative.

Then who misses that young 12 year old with I-366 and a 75 mph speed limit? Or was it 85? It's so long ago I can't remember what his rant was.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: roadman65 on March 05, 2022, 09:37:59 AM
No one misses that diesel mechanic from Chicago.  :bigass:

I remember how everyday he would find someone to argue with and the amount of threads he had locked by moderators was astronomical.  Then his hypotenuse in Chicago was the real getter as he was so obsessed in getting that one done.  Oh and something he said about the Edens Spur was very argumentative.

Then who misses that young 12 year old with I-366 and a 75 mph speed limit? Or was it 85? It's so long ago I can't remember what his rant was.

The amusing thing to me is that Sabb Boy is disappearing from collective forum conscious.  I don't think Ethanman ever will though because so many of us reference I-366 and the 85 MPH speed limits.

roadman65

Yup no one misses that guy just as another one called Blawp.  He was before my time here, but tried to create sock puppets which one was spotted by a Mod and another by the Administrator. 

I heard he was bad from others in the following.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

SkyPesos

Max Rockatansky

hotdogPi

I know this thread was caused by a split, but it's a duplicate of this one.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

tolbs17

I forgot about sparker...he was active in the North Carolina threads...hope he's doing fine!

Roadgeekteen

I haven't posted in almost a month but I'm alive so don't worry
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 15, 2022, 05:16:54 PM

You could be undead for all we know.

Scott5114

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 15, 2022, 05:17:35 PM

Roadgeeklich
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 15, 2022, 05:20:50 PM

Roadgeeklich

Could always use a cure Spell or a Phoenix Down if he turns out to have gone undead on us.

Scott5114

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 15, 2022, 05:22:56 PM

Roadgeeklich

Could always use a cure Spell or a Phoenix Down if he turns out to have gone undead on us.

Depends on the ruleset we're using. I think they took the whole healing magic doing damage to undead/necrotic damage healing undead out of D&D 5e, but I think they retained it in Pathfinder 2e.

Unless you're trying to make him go from undead back to living, which is quite a bit trickier. The druidic Reincarnate(5) spell would only do the trick if he had originally died within 10 days, and he only has a 20% chance of coming back human (there's a 4% chance he could come back as a dragonborn though, which is awesome). You'd probably have to use Resurrection(7) or True Resurrection(9), and those require a diamond worth 1,000 gp (US$35,660) or 25,000 gp (US$891,500) respectively, so hopefully someone on the forum has one of those sitting around. Of course, if you've got ninth-level spell slots to blow on this anyway, you can avoid the faffing about with diamonds and just go all in on Wish(9). There's some DM discretion here whether anything short of Wish(9) would work anyway, since a lich's soul might not be "free and willing", which is a prerequisite for the other spells mentioned.

...We haven't gotten to play in a few weeks because of shit that keeps coming up so I can't help myself.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 15, 2022, 05:48:02 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 15, 2022, 05:22:56 PM

Roadgeeklich

Depends on the ruleset we're using. I think they took the whole healing magic doing damage to undead/necrotic damage healing undead out of D&D 5e, but I think they retained it in Pathfinder 2e.

Unless you're trying to make him go from undead back to living, which is quite a bit trickier. The druidic Reincarnate(5) spell would only do the trick if he had originally died within 10 days, and he only has a 20% chance of coming back human (there's a 4% chance he could come back as a dragonborn though, which is awesome). You'd probably have to use Resurrection(7) or True Resurrection(9), and those require a diamond worth 1,000 gp (US$35,660) or 25,000 gp (US$891,500) respectively, so hopefully someone on the forum has one of those sitting around. Of course, if you've got ninth-level spell slots to blow on this anyway, you can avoid the faffing about with diamonds and just go all in on Wish(9). There's some DM discretion here whether anything short of Wish(9) would work anyway, since a lich's soul might not be "free and willing", which is a prerequisite for the other spells mentioned.

...We haven't gotten to play in a few weeks because of shit that keeps coming up so I can't help myself.

Or we could go 1990s and suplex him like the Ghost Train?

As an aside, my wife is working her way through Stranger Things.  I'm greatly surprised she picked up on a lot of the D&D references like the Demogorgon and Mind Flayer.  I would've never thought she would get RPG anything.

kphoger

N E R D    A L E R T    ! ! !          N E R D    A L E R T    ! ! !          N E R D    A L E R T    ! ! !          N E R D    A L E R T    ! ! !          N E R D    A L E R T    ! ! !
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Scott5114

Quote from: kphoger on March 15, 2022, 06:02:28 PM
N E R D    A L E R T    ! ! !          N E R D    A L E R T    ! ! !          N E R D    A L E R T    ! ! !          N E R D    A L E R T    ! ! !          N E R D    A L E R T    ! ! !

you come on to AARoads and are surprised by this why

Max Rockatansky

Funny you should mention that.  I used to purposely lie to people and say that I didn't know what RPGs or things like D&D were.  The 1980s were a strange time in that if you appeared too intelligent you find yourself rendered a social outcast.  I don't even think that I told anyone I had a D&D board, computer and a Nintendo until the early 1990s given how potentially taboo it was.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 15, 2022, 06:07:01 PM
Funny you should mention that.  I used to purposely lie to people and say that I didn't know what RPGs or things like D&D were.  The 1980s were a strange time in that if you appeared too intelligent you find yourself rendered a social outcast.  I don't even think that I told anyone I had a D&D board, computer and a Nintendo until the early 1990s given how potentially taboo it was.
That's certainly changed recently.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 15, 2022, 06:10:10 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 15, 2022, 06:07:01 PM
That's certainly changed recently.

Yes, and I often find that when I tell this to younger people they are genuinely surprised it was a reality or growing up in the era.

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 15, 2022, 06:03:52 PM
you come on to AARoads and are surprised by this why

Just the day before yesterday, our sons' barber asked if I had attended the recent ICTComicCon.  I gave him a look.  Then I thought better of it and informed that "I'm a different sort of nerd".  Then he asked me what sort.  I said music and . . . [pause] . . . roads.

I'm sure he had no clue what that was about.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

GaryV

No one is seeming to bemoan a missing "Honk if IL is not flat" user.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: GaryV on March 15, 2022, 06:44:11 PM
No one is seeming to bemoan a missing "Honk if IL is not flat" user.

He's not missing, you're just looking in the wrong place:

https://www.facebook.com/letsrideIL/

For awhile he was trying to sell the Flat Gospel on Facebook road groups.  Eventually took to calling people who dissented his views as having some sort of bias and largely got run off.  Essentially he has retreated to his hole at the channel/page formerly known as Crash_It   

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.