News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Trouble posting photos

Started by MATraveler128, April 09, 2022, 06:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MATraveler128

I have been having trouble posting pictures lately. I convert Flickr photos to jpg files and use the preview button to make sure it uploaded correctly, but the image won’t show. I’m wondering if anyone knows what is going on and if I’m doing something wrong. Thanks!
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

ozarkman417

Can you paste the BBCode you are trying to use to upload the photos so I can take a look at it?

Scott5114

Quote from: BlueOutback7 on April 09, 2022, 06:28:43 PM
I have been having trouble posting pictures lately. I convert Flickr photos to jpg files and use the preview button to make sure it uploaded correctly, but the image won't show. I'm wondering if anyone knows what is going on and if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks!

What do you do after you convert the Flickr photos to JPG files?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

MATraveler128

Quote from: Scott5114 on April 09, 2022, 06:44:40 PM
Quote from: BlueOutback7 on April 09, 2022, 06:28:43 PM
I have been having trouble posting pictures lately. I convert Flickr photos to jpg files and use the preview button to make sure it uploaded correctly, but the image won’t show. I’m wondering if anyone knows what is going on and if I’m doing something wrong. Thanks!

What do you do after you convert the Flickr photos to JPG files?

I usually use a site called FreeCoverter.com, which is a free jpg converter then I save it to my Google Drive. BTW I’m trying to do this from an iPad.

Scott5114

Having just tested it, Google Drive won't allow you to embed images hosted by them in forum posts. You'll have to find somewhere else to host the file. https://imgur.com is a reliable place to upload them, and it has an accompanying mobile app, so I recommend trying that if you have no other preference.

You can also, in most cases, embed the images directly from Flickr. I believe there's a share button that dispenses the proper BBCode.

ozarkman417

This is the most recent photo I found on the flickr page linked in your signature.

From flickr, you just go to the share button to upload photos here. From the share button, head over to the BBCode tab,copy the code and paste it in to your post. As for how to do that on an iPad, I would imagine it would be similar on the Flickr app, though I do not own an apple device, thus can't give you instructions for that specific device.

Scott5114

Quote from: ozarkman417 on April 09, 2022, 07:08:41 PM
From flickr, you just go to the share button to upload photos here.

For the sake of clarity, doing this doesn't actually upload the photos here–they remain on Flickr. People who view the thread are just having their browsers instructed to also contact Flickr and get an image from there as part of the process of loading the thread.

MATraveler128

Just tried this on my Imgur account and it worked. Thank you, Scott5114!

1995hoo

Another thing you can do on a mobile device is to use Tapatalk to post and have them host the photo. That's what I do. I often get an error message when I try to insert a photo in the post, but trying again usually solves it.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

snowc

Use ShareX's upload tools.  :colorful:

To add on what I said, make sure that you check upload to sharing host.
Additionally, make sure you set imgur to upload (should be default)

Scott5114

Quote from: snowc on April 30, 2022, 12:17:46 PM
Use ShareX's upload tools.

That's cool and all, but

Quote from: BlueOutback7 on April 09, 2022, 06:46:19 PM
I'm trying to do this from an iPad.

ShareX appears to only work on Windows, so it wouldn't have been of any use in this situation.

In any case, the problem was that they were trying to do this from Google Drive. They are now no longer doing so, so the issue was resolved three weeks ago.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.