Regional Boards > Mountain West

Bangerter Highway

<< < (3/11) > >>

US 89:
Agreed on the 114th South interchange. I finally drove this today, and observed all the new exit numbers and such. Bangerter is really starting to feel like a freeway, especially since they've started to install the center mileage distance signs (or whatever they're called). To my knowledge, these are the first in the state not on I-15 or I-215. I thought the "signal" label was kinda cool:

In addition, the segment from 2700 West to I-15 now has signage on the mainline explicitly calling it a freeway:

--- Quote from: MCRoads on November 28, 2018, 09:04:50 PM ---I’m sure if I lived in salt lake I wouldn’t be saying this, but...
NOO!! NOT 4100!!! It’s likr the only full CFI in existence!!!!

--- End quote ---

The good news for you is that the 4100 South interchange is quite low on the priority list, and I'd bet it sticks around in its current form for at least 10 more years.

i-215:

--- Quote from: US 89 on December 17, 2018, 08:30:58 PM ---Bangerter is really starting to feel like a freeway, especially since they've started to install the center mileage distance signs (or whatever they're called). To my knowledge, these are the first in the state not on I-15 or I-215.
--- End quote ---

The 201 freeway has one between Bangerter and 5600 West.

US 89:
An interesting update on the timeline for future interchange upgrades:

They're combining some of the interchange upgrades into the same project priority, which makes sense. However, the most interesting part is that it looks like the entire thing from 41st South northward could be done all in one go.

The map above also shows a proposed upgrade at SR-201, and I'd be curious to see what that entails. I'd love to see Bangerter/201 become a full system interchange of some kind, but ROW acquisition is not going to be easy. Honestly the poor planning of Bangerter's interchanges with 201 and I-15 might be one of UDOT's biggest mistakes in the past 30 years.

nexus73:
Looks like it will be time to bring back I-415 for the Bangerter once the freeway improvements are completed. 

Rick

The Ghostbuster:
What's wrong with keeping it State Highway 154? Does every highway have to be an Interstate? Perhaps State Highway 85, State Highway 67, or the US 89 conversion to full freeway standards between Interstate 15 and Interstate 84 would be better places to place the Interstate 415 designation (personally, I think all three should keep their existing designations)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version