Regional Boards > Northeast

PA State Highway 330

(1/2) > >>

Truvelo:
I took a photo of this plaque on a bridge on the edge of Pittsburgh. It mentions PA 330 but I can find no evidence that such a route number exists or has ever existed. There's also no evidence that PA 51 which passes through this junction had a different number in the past. I'm mystified as to why PA 330 is mentioned on the plaque.

Roadsguy:
This can only be the effect of time travel, but for some reason this plaque was unaffected. Quick, contact your favorite secret paranormal investigation agency!

Mapmikey:
330 was the state legislative number for PA 51.  See this map of Allegheny County.

At least some of those numbers match this 1924 statewide map

Rothman:
The evidence is in the photo itself...

Bitmapped:

--- Quote from: Mapmikey on November 18, 2023, 04:29:28 PM ---330 was the state legislative number for PA 51.  See this map of Allegheny County.

--- End quote ---

This part of PA 51 was Legislative Route 330 up until the adoption of the current State Route system in the 1980s. Here is a 1976 Allegheny County map: https://gis.penndot.gov/BPR_PDF_FILES/MAPS/Type_10_GHS_Historical_Scans/Allegheny_1976_Sheet_1.pdf

Note that State Routes/State Highways are not synonymous with PA (Traffic) Routes. It's possible for a PA Route to have a different state route number than what is posted (like PA 86/SR 0886) or for a PA Route to not have a SR number at all because it is maintained by the local municipality (like PA 281 nearest the WV border in Henry Clay Township, Fayette County).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version