Regional Boards > Mid-South

Arkansas

<< < (3/82) > >>

agentsteel53:

--- Quote from: bjrush on October 10, 2012, 09:11:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: Scott5114 on October 10, 2012, 05:50:30 AM ---If you talk to him again, you should point out how ridiculous it is to have eight highways with the number "74".

--- End quote ---

I actually mentioned that and he laughed and said something like "yeah there sure is some crazy stuff out there"

--- End quote ---

at least, they are in kind of a straight line.

still not the worst abuse of the number 74 in any given state.  North Carolina, I'm looking at you...

US71:

--- Quote from: agentsteel53 on October 10, 2012, 12:21:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: Scott5114 on October 10, 2012, 05:50:30 AM ---If you talk to him again, you should point out how ridiculous it is to have eight highways with the number "74".

--- End quote ---

I actually mentioned that and he laughed and said something like "yeah there sure is some crazy stuff out there"

--- End quote ---

still not the worst abuse of the number 74 in any given state.  North Carolina, I'm looking at you...

--- End quote ---

It's complicated. I'll have to pull put my maps, but it seems like AR 74 may have been one continuous route at one time, though with lots of multiplexes. Somewhere along the way, it got chopped up and pieces given to counties to maintain.

Then you have AR 60 which has at least 5 sections that rarely come close to connecting (except near Rudy).

Road Hog:

--- Quote from: US71 on October 10, 2012, 12:28:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: agentsteel53 on October 10, 2012, 12:21:58 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

It's complicated. I'll have to pull put my maps, but it seems like AR 74 may have been one continuous route at one time, though with lots of multiplexes. Somewhere along the way, it got chopped up and pieces given to counties to maintain.

Then you have AR 60 which has at least 5 sections that rarely come close to connecting (except near Rudy).

--- End quote ---

Also Highway 88, which just about crosses the state if you connect all the segments.

US71:

--- Quote from: Road Hog on October 11, 2012, 01:45:38 AM ---
Also Highway 88, which just about crosses the state if you connect all the segments.

--- End quote ---

I think it would only go from the OK Line to Hot Springs. ;)

Then you have three (or four on a technicality) 45's, which actually was one continuous route at one time

msunat97:
Info on the proposal to increase the sales tax in Arkansas to pay for road projects...link included.

http://www.arkansashighways.com/2012_hcstax/issue_1.aspx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version