Regional Boards > Mid-South

Arkansas

<< < (80/82) > >>

Tomahawkin:
Good when is the Groundbreaking? This is 25+ years overdue! Hopefully it will be 10 lanes total

bwana39:

--- Quote from: Tomahawkin on December 07, 2023, 09:13:41 AM ---Good when is the Groundbreaking? This is 25+ years overdue! Hopefully it will be 10 lanes total

--- End quote ---

The discussion of the bridge begins after 1:26:00 

Wayward Memphian:

--- Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on December 07, 2023, 04:00:27 AM ---//www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjAquP6RD34
Arkansas State Highway Commission Meeting - December 06, 2023

Included in this meeting is a new I-55 Mississippi River Bridge that is going to cost $800 million, with the feds hopefully funding half of it ($400 million) and ARDOT and TDOT splitting 25% each ($200 million).

--- End quote ---

And Tenn is progressing nicely with the work of the Old Bridge.

bwana39:
This seems way out of what Tennessee has said. Tennessee has said the social parts of the environmental study will not work in that location,

Road Hog:
I'm not going to start a new thread on this, but I was in Cabot, AR today and saw a bunch of state roads have been divested in that city. AR 89 has been deleted between U.S. 67-167 and AR 367.  For that matter, AR 367 has been deleted from south of AR 89 all the way down to AR 5 and a portion of 367 from roughly the elementary school to AR 5 has been retained as AR 367 Spur. Even the bridge mile log signs have been changed to 367S.

Looks like ARDOT has washed its hands of that rat's nest. Cabot has a population of about 25K and has a road network for a city of about 3,000, which it still was in the early 1980s.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version