News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Forum Fonts?!?!?

Started by myosh_tino, April 01, 2014, 01:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myosh_tino

You know, when I came to the forums this evening and saw the changes made, my first reaction was WTF?!?!?  Then it dawned on me, tomorrow is April 1st...  :-D ...although it's still March 31st on the west coast.

If this is, in fact, an April Fools joke all I can say is "Well Done!"  :clap: :clap: :clap:

BTW, is the font supposed to be Clearview?
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

signalman

I noticed the font change too.  Initially, my reaction was WTF.  Generally I'm not a person who likes change for the sake of change.  I hadn't even considered that today is April Fool's Day; probably because I'm sick and trying to concentrate on keeping water down.  Figures, I would have to get sick on the one day where it's acceptable for me to play practical jokes.

kj3400

Call me Kenny/Kenneth. No, seriously.

ZLoth

Must be fourteen-fourteen day. Or is it fourty-one fourteen day?
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

KEK Inc.

Ah, the jokes.  Love it.  Well, hate the font, but you get what I mean. 
Take the road less traveled.

jeffandnicole

This font is horrendous to read!!!

Alps

Quote from: myosh_tino on April 01, 2014, 01:47:33 AM
BTW, is the font supposed to be Clearview?
All I can say is, "well done!"

SSOWorld

Quote from: ZLoth on April 01, 2014, 03:30:04 AM
Must be fourteen-fourteen day. Or is it fourty-one fourteen day?
Quote from: KEK Inc. on April 01, 2014, 05:22:15 AM
I have no idea what you're saying. ;)
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Brandon

Barf: What the hell was that!

Lonestar: Spaceball One.

Barf: They've gone to Clearview.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Roadsguy

Well, now I have a reason for hating Clearview other than on principle. :-D
Mileage-based exit numbering implies the existence of mileage-cringe exit numbering.

froggie

Wish SMF wouldn't change ALL users layouts to the new one when the mods add a new one...

Dr Frankenstein

Clearview! Clearview everywhere! :D

sammi

Quote from: Roadsguy on April 01, 2014, 08:13:43 AM
Well, now I have a reason for hating Clearview other than on principle. :-D

Your argument is invalid. :bigass:

To be honest, I don't hate the Clearview here;  but the bolded things are just bolded when it should probably be a different series. :) I also didn't notice anything until I logged in just now, because my phone renders it in Tahoma.

jbnv

If this modification is intended to make a statement, congratulations, it does. (For the record, you are doing 4/1 right.)
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

Jardine

I love and don't love the change equally and unequally, except where it is forbidden and permitted, unless it is or isn't.

I'm going to go off and play 2048 Numberwang for a while . . . .

Zeffy

Quote from: sammi on April 01, 2014, 08:59:41 AM
To be honest, I don't hate the Clearview here;  but the bolded things are just bolded when it should probably be a different series. :) I also didn't notice anything until I logged in just now, because my phone renders it in Tahoma.

That's cheating - my iPhone rendered it in Clearview somehow.  :ded: 
Quote from: jeffandnicole on April 01, 2014, 06:20:34 AM
This font is horrendous to read!!!
Quote from: KEK Inc. on April 01, 2014, 05:22:15 AM
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Molandfreak

I won't read this forum anymore today. Too obnoxious!
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

sammi

Quote from: Zeffy on April 01, 2014, 10:59:54 AM
Quote from: sammi on April 01, 2014, 08:59:41 AM
That's cheating - my iPhone rendered it in Clearview somehow.  :ded:
I have a Windows Phone, and IE doesn't support the CSS technique that changed the fonts.

bugo

Just like the signs, this is hard as fuck to read.  You did your joke, now change it back.

Zeffy

Quote from: bugo on April 01, 2014, 11:23:56 AM
Just like the signs, this is hard as fuck to read.  You did your joke, now change it back.

SMF uses session verification for changing your theme, for who knows why, so please follow the steps below!

EDIT: Go to 'Look and Layout' in your profile. Then go to 'Change' next to current Theme: Button Copy 2.0 (Clearview). Then select [Use This Theme] on any other theme to leave the Clearview madness.

Sorry mods, it was making my eyes hurt trying to read the Clearview. I had to see if there were other themes available.  :biggrin:

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Molandfreak

Quote from: Zeffy on April 01, 2014, 11:28:15 AM
Quote from: bugo on April 01, 2014, 11:23:56 AM

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?action=theme;sa=pick;th=3;

EDIT: Go to 'Look and Layout' in your profile. Then go to 'Change' next to current Theme: Button Copy 2.0 (Clearview). Then select [Use This Theme] on any other theme to leave the Clearview madness.
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Zeffy

Quote from: Molandfreak on April 01, 2014, 11:30:40 AM
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

Go to https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=theme; and hit the 'Change' link next to Button Copy 2.0 (Clearview). The rest should be self-explanatory.

Molandfreak

myosh_tino

Quote from: Zeffy on April 01, 2014, 11:34:09 AM
Go to https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=theme; and hit the 'Change' link next to Button Copy 2.0 (Clearview). The rest should be self-explanatory.

Thanks for the link Zeffy.

While I understand it's April Fools, the Clearview font made reading this forum very, very painful.  With that said, A+ for effort!
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

PHLBOS

This is certainly one case where the Clearview font is not easy to read.

That said, well done w/the April Fool's joke.

Unless there's plans to keep this particular thread in the Clearview font come tomorrow; this whole topic will be rendered irrelevant by then.  :sombrero:
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.