News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Edit post = edit quote

Started by noelbotevera, September 20, 2015, 06:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noelbotevera

My suggestion here with the title is that whenever a post is edited, the quote is edited too. So for example, if I posted "Hi", then someone quotes the post, but then I edit the post to say "Hello", then the quote would also say "Hello". My reason is that whenever I want add information or when someone questions my post, I don't have to requote their post, and just edit my original post.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

rickmastfan67

Quote from: noelbotevera on September 20, 2015, 06:27:02 PM
My suggestion here with the title is that whenever a post is edited, the quote is edited too. So for example, if I posted "Hi", then someone quotes the post, but then I edit the post to say "Hello", then the quote would also say "Hello". My reason is that whenever I want add information or when someone questions my post, I don't have to requote their post, and just edit my original post.

That isn't possible unless Admins (or the person who 'quoted' the post) manually edit the quote.  And we Admins normally don't do that unless it's a major problem.  It just isn't worth the time.

Pete from Boston

Once people start quoting your post, the damage is already kind of done.  Make revisions in a new post.

Michael

Is it possible to do a find/replace on the URLs of quoted images?  My Web host changed domains, and I'd like to re-upload the now broken images, but obviously I can only edit my own posts.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Michael on October 22, 2015, 09:31:08 PM
Is it possible to do a find/replace on the URLs of quoted images?  My Web host changed domains, and I'd like to re-upload the now broken images, but obviously I can only edit my own posts.

Talk to Alex.  He might be able to do it via the database.  Otherwise, you can only do it with your own posts and the 'quotes' will just have to remain broken.

Alex

Oscar recently had the same issue and I attempted to change them all via query, but got it wrong and had to manually fix each one. So it will likely be easier to just fix them on a per message basis, unless someone can point me to the correct code to replace just a the URL within a message body using the like variable.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.