Possible Chicagoland to Dallas-Fort Worth trip

Started by Revive 755, August 10, 2013, 12:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revive 755

I've been looking into several possible trips, but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on this idea.

Route Down
* I-80 or a combination of I-88 and I-80 west to Des Moines

* I-35 down to the KC loop - to clinch I-35 in Missouri, cover the section from US 34 to Missouri border section in Iowa, and see the Paseo Bridge's replacement.

* I-49/US 71 south (to clinch I-49 in Missouri)

* I-540 south to I-40 (I've wanted to see this section, particularly the tunnel, for a while)

* I-40 west to US 69

* The US 69/US 75 corridor into Dallas

Route Back

* I-30 to Little Rock

* US 67 north to US 60

* US 60 east to I-57

* I-57 into Chicagoland (to clinch I-57 in Illinois)

What I would like to see in the Dallas-Fort Worth area

* The High Five interchange

* Any signalized intersection with non flashing yellow arrow Dallas phasing, preferably in a nice neighborhood.

* Thinking about seeing how the Dallas and/or Fort Worth Zoos compare to the Omaha and St. Louis Zoos.

Questions/Possible concerns

* Towns with speed cameras along my proposed route - the online websites listing these contain a lot of false listings.  I know Des Moines and Polk County in Iowa have mobile speed cameras, and that there is one along I-235 but are there any others in Iowa or Missouri along my proposed route?

* Any New Rome, Ohio, type towns along the route?

* Any long term construction projects outside of Illinois or Iowa along the route?

* How much time should I budget for passing through the Bella Vista area?

* Other issues/advice?

US81

See both zoos if you can, but if you can only see one, visit the Ft. Worth Zoo.

If you haven't, you might consider TX Spur 366 (especially if you're clinching US 75 - it's right there) and the new Margaret Hunt Hill bridge over the Trinity river.

Have a great trip!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.