News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

OR 217/ORH 144 widening/aux. lane expansion

Started by Bickendan, December 19, 2018, 04:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bickendan

https://www.oregon.gov/odot/projects/pages/project-details.aspx?project=18841

Notes: Southbound on ramp from Allen Rd and off ramp to Denney road are to be removed, replaced with a frontage road.
Continuous third southbound lane from Denney (if not Allen and therefore OR 10) to OR 99W.

JasonOfORoads

Note to self: Get photos of 217 along this stretch, plus the interchanges, before construction. There's a lingering button copy sign EB on Allen at the onramp to 217 NB that will not likely survive construction.

Also, I would imagine they keep the exit number southbound as 2B because that's the least impactful change. Although they could renumber 2A to 2, Denney NB from 3 to 3B, Allen Blvd. NB from 2B to 3A, and the new combo exit gets 3 SB.

Finally, I remember a news story when I was a kid on KATU IIRC about how ODOT misspelled "Denney" on one of the two SB BGSs as "Denny", and that they were going to fix it. Anyone else remember that? I really wish I knew when that was and that I could go hunt down a photo of the signs. I think it happened before 217 got exit numbers c. 1995.
Borderline addicted to roadgeeking since ~1989.

Bruce

Quote from: JasonOfORoads on January 22, 2019, 01:15:36 AM
Finally, I remember a news story when I was a kid on KATU IIRC about how ODOT misspelled "Denney" on one of the two SB BGSs as "Denny", and that they were going to fix it. Anyone else remember that? I really wish I knew when that was and that I could go hunt down a photo of the signs. I think it happened before 217 got exit numbers c. 1995.

Perhaps the project manager was from Seattle. We have plenty of Denny-related stuff here (Denny Way, Denny Park, Denny Triangle, Denny Hall, Denny's Knoll).

In_Correct

Quote from: JasonOfORoads on January 22, 2019, 01:15:36 AM
Note to self: Get photos of 217 along this stretch, plus the interchanges, before construction. There's a lingering button copy sign EB on Allen at the onramp to 217 NB that will not likely survive construction.

Also, I would imagine they keep the exit number southbound as 2B because that's the least impactful change. Although they could renumber 2A to 2, Denney NB from 3 to 3B, Allen Blvd. NB from 2B to 3A, and the new combo exit gets 3 SB.

Grab the sign before it is too late?
Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.