News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Google Satellite View Updated in DFW Area

Started by Brian556, February 11, 2015, 10:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

Google Satellite View has been updated in DFW Area. You can now see construction on I-35E in Lewisville.

dfwmapper

Most of Dallas County is still the old imagery, and I don't think anything in Collin was updated either.

Some other active projects that might be of interest: SH 114 around Texas Motor Speedway and west, US 380 between I-35E and FM 156, new interchange at US 81/287 and BU 81 on the south side of Decatur, FM 2181 from I-35E to FM 2499, the freeway conversion of the southern portion of FM 2499, some of the widening work on SH 121 between FM 2499 and the SRT/BS 121 split.

Also some completed projects at FM 407 between FM 2499 and FM 1830, the entire I-820/SH 183 portion of the North Tarrant Express project, most of the Chisholm Trail Parkway (the I-30 interchange is still a mess), 4 laning of the north portion of the Ennis bypass on US 287.

Brian556

Quote from dfwmapper:

Most of Dallas County is still the old imagery, and I don't think anything in Collin was updated either.

Some other active projects that might be of interest: SH 114 around Texas Motor Speedway and west, US 380 between I-35E and FM 156, new interchange at US 81/287 and BU 81 on the south side of Decatur, FM 2181 from I-35E to FM 2499, the freeway conversion of the southern portion of FM 2499, some of the widening work on SH 121 between FM 2499 and the SRT/BS 121 split.

Also some completed projects at FM 407 between FM 2499 and FM 1830, the entire I-820/SH 183 portion of the North Tarrant Express project, most of the Chisholm Trail Parkway (the I-30 interchange is still a mess), 4 laning of the north portion of the Ennis bypass on US 287.

I had no idea about US 81/287 at S BUS 81 in Decatur. This needed to be done. This is a really unsafe intersection due to the high speed of cross traffic, as well as insufficient sight distance of southbound traffic.

Bobby5280

US-287 really needs to be fully limited access and Interstate quality all the way through Decatur. TX DOT needs to remove all those driveways along US-287 in Decatur.

Plans are in the works to convert a portion of US-287 to a freeway from the US-380 intersection on North for about a few blocks. Soon the North and South sides of Decatur will be better along US-287, but the problems in town will still remain.

roadman65

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.7623327,-96.8134818,17z
Is the Houston Street viaduct currently under construction as Google Maps show it in dashed and faint lines?  Also it shows the NB counterpart as being two way which, the last time I drove them, was not.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Brian556

Quote from roadman65:

QuoteIs the Houston Street viaduct currently under construction as Google Maps show it in dashed and faint lines?  Also it shows the NB counterpart as being two way which, the last time I drove them, was not.

They are installing trolley tracks on it. I have not heard anything concerning a change to two-way traffic on either bridge, so I don't know if that is true or not.

Site w info: http://dallastrinitytrails.blogspot.com/2013/08/a-renewed-plan-for-trinity-river-trail.html

Pic of Construction (not mine):

Chris

The western part of DFW has been updated with October 2014 imagery. There is also new imagery south of Dallas (south of Waxahachie / Palmer).

The North Tarrant Express project is now visible in its final configuration. They seem to have left some space in the median of SH 121 / 183 for an expansion of the express lanes to six lanes.

The DFW Connector is also visible in its final configuration. One segment has seven adjoining lanes in one direction, I wonder if this is the widest in DFW.

The SH 114 / 170 interchange is also completed.

Some first works are visible along I-35W in northern Fort Worth.

The Chisholm Trail Parkway is also visible with a nearly completed configuration. They added large flyovers at the I-20 / SH 183 interchange. The I-30 interchange is still under construction. You can see how the CTP narrows from four to two lanes at the Johnson County line.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.