News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Clemson Upsets Alabama in National Championship Rematch

Started by Henry, January 10, 2017, 10:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Rothman

Quote from: Henry on January 10, 2017, 10:07:41 AM
One year after coming up short in the title game, the Tigers ruin Bama's perfect season
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18442171/clemson-tigers-dabo-swinney-reach-dream-national-title

That'll teach me to sign off early.  Bama's running backs ran into so little effective defense in the first half that I thought they had it in the bag.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

kurumi

The Tide (16 championships) missed an opportunity to make up some ground on Yale and Princeton (27 and 28) (wiki:awesomeface:
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Buck87

Great game, especially the 4th quarter.

So now the first 3 titles of the playoff era have been won by 3 different schools, each from different conferences. That's the same way the BCS started off, in fact, it managed to have its first 5 titles won by schools from 5 different conferences (and had all 6 of its conferences with a title by year 7) 

74/171FAN

Quote from: Rothman on January 10, 2017, 10:32:17 AM
Quote from: Henry on January 10, 2017, 10:07:41 AM
One year after coming up short in the title game, the Tigers ruin Bama's perfect season
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18442171/clemson-tigers-dabo-swinney-reach-dream-national-title

That'll teach me to sign off early.  Bama's running backs ran into so little effective defense in the first half that I thought they had it in the bag.

I had to restrain myself after VT came back from a 24-0 deficit at halftime to win 35-24 over Arkansas.  I was so embarrassed after being so confident that the game was over that I had promised myself to not say that before halftime anymore.    :banghead:
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

epzik8

YESSSSSS!!!!! I wanted Clemson to win. I don't care much for 'Bama.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

OracleUsr

Yeah, as a '95 Clemson grad who works with three 'Bama grads, needless to say I walked into work yesterday with my head held high.  I ran my phone battery down yesterday morning before work checking my FB feed, making sure it wasn't a dream.
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

Max Rockatansky

Anyone else fall asleep from all the commercials that they had throughout the game?  If I recall correctly the game was over four hours despite ending in regulation. 

74/171FAN

Near the end of the game, they also started to call reviews for every play though I thought that a few of them were unnecessary.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

ET21

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 12, 2017, 09:02:18 AM
Anyone else fall asleep from all the commercials that they had throughout the game?  If I recall correctly the game was over four hours despite ending in regulation.

I ended up switching to play a round of Battlefield 1, match lasted 35 minutes. When I left, it was the beginning of the 2nd. Came back and they still had 6 minutes left!
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.